Watches - ExPo Style

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Gshock tough solar

bogotaOFFRoad332.jpg

Gooseberry

Explorer
I have had the timex helix eats battiers and buttons are anoying.

Next was the Suunto Core and batteries again but I could change in the field no problem. like this watch.

the one I'm sporting now is the Pathfinder tough solar. No batteries and you never need to set it. I dont hit the buttons by accident now and drain the batteries.

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
I had a Highgear Summit for a couple years then got a Suunto Core about 6 months ago. Battery life in the Core seems the same as the Summit but the build quality is a lot better. I sent the Summit back within 3 months of purchase due to water infiltration. I also like the Cores face better.

IMAG0096.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
watches

I wear a Breitling Emergency watch on trips. Built in ELT.

Attachments

• 001[1].jpg
    001[1].jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 137

NothingClever

Explorer
I've worn Seiko analog dive watches for some time now. IME, they're not the best at keeping time. Tough in all climes, yes. Easy to read at night, yes. Classic good looks, yes. Always running fast....definitely.
-
I've switched over to a simple, digital Casio watch with second time zone (essential for me), stopwatch, countdown timer (essential for me) and compass. The compass is actually adequately accurate but I'm a traditionalist and find compass watches a novelty / only-in-an-emergency feature still.
-
I'm surprised all the high-brow watch owners (who missed your stated budget by a mile) haven't recommended a Sinn. Several of my lads have owned them.....pretty jazzy timepieces but a little over-the-top for my blood.

Last edited:

jimed43

Adventurer
I wear a Citizen Ecco Drive, with a number of different Zulu / Maratec bands depending on what color I feel like.

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
My submariner might as well be an extension of my body at this point

Ditto, but its doesn't have a passport....so it just stays in the US (in my safe) when I travel. A few years back I got worried with all the "nice watch" comments while on vacation.

BTW, I have a buddy who used to work for "the Peace Corp" who traveled with a handful of very nice Rolex replicas, they came in handy for negotiating his way out of sweaty scenarios in the middle east...

Lucky j

Explorer
I'am a fan of Casio.

Had the previous one 24/7 to my wrist for 25 years. Change batteries every 3-4years.

I'm back with casio g-shock tough solar.

I think one of the secret for longevities is the 200 m deapth mark, since the cassind as to be sturdy.

Wirst band, that is an other story. Nothing i've tried realy lasted more than a year, so I'm now the velcro nylon band type.

Last edited:

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
Ditto, but its doesn't have a passport....so it just stays in the US (in my safe) when I travel. A few years back I got worried with all the "nice watch" comments while on vacation.

BTW, I have a buddy who used to work for "the Peace Corp" who traveled with a handful of very nice Rolex replicas, they came in handy for negotiating his way out of sweaty scenarios in the middle east...

I pick up a couple whenever I am in China. I tend to get a few questions when I am armpit deep in a rally car wearing a Milgauss or a Bell & Ross.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Watches

I agree with the statement about the Submariner being an extension of his arm.

My Sub was a high school graduation present in 1975.

I have worn it everyday all over the world and in some dodgy places. Now with my parents gone I always have a pleasant reminder of them every time I look at the watch. It still is my primary watch but I do like wearing something different every so often.

Attachments

• Submariner.jpg
    Submariner.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 141

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior