I am a bit of a watch nut too, love the Breitling

Breitling 004.jpg

Liked the Kobold until it crapped out at 310' on a tech dive in the Keys

rolextimex.jpg

Always much love for my Rollie's

rolex 010.jpg

Now, the Deep Sea gets all my attention, everyday watch

diver 006.jpg

And who can forget their first watch, it's a manual wind Timex, and still functions 36 years later, though its a bit small to wear

rolextimex 002.jpg

WhiskeyTango0311

I recently bought the Casio Rangeman (G-shock series). I really like the look, functionality, and the color, however the bulk of it has me going back to my Suunto Core more often than not. It has a negative face, and the ABC functions are a plus. You aren't going to get Suunto accuracy with the compass or the altimeter, but if you are using this as a primary means of navigation, then you are wrong in the first place. Here's a stock image for reference:

Greeen-GW-9400-3-Rangeman-G-Shock-Casio-watch.jpg

Note: Don't let a Deet-heavy bug spray come in contact with the rubber. I've got spots that are not coming off.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
You can adjust the compass and altimeter to read accurate. I calibrated my triple sensor pathfinder, then it was accurate.

WhiskeyTango0311

You can adjust the compass and altimeter to read accurate. I calibrated my triple sensor pathfinder, then it was accurate.

Yes, I do that, I have the Pathfinder as well, but it is a constant battle for accuracy. I like both of the watches, but I prefer my Suunto when tracking ascents, barometer, etc.

ZMagic97

Explorer
I've been wearing a Casio Pathfinder PAG240B-2 for around 6 months now. Solar powered, compass, barometer, thermometer, altimeter...a lot more than you need for everyday. Put it's very dependable, durable, and well priced. Also comfortable to wear.

GHI

Adventurer
I own two watches. One I wear with a suit and tie that tells time and the other being the Pathfinder. I've had it for many years and am still amazed with the solar aspect of it. I've never had to replace a battery. I keep telling myself one of these days I'm going to read the manual so I can actually use all of its functions.

The Casio Pathfinder looks like a great watch, but I laughed at the -10C being its lowest temp reading and claiming it is low temp resistant down to -10. That is not nearly low enough. I think I speak for a lot of people that have been living for months well below -10 now, peaking at -30 to -40.

texascrane

Adventurer
Just picked up a GSAR. It was a little more than I planned to spend, but it was a good enough deal that I couldn't say no.

uTuFTTwl.jpg

hKmZFkFl.jpg

rayra

Expedition Leader
Basic G-Shocks served me well in the Marines, they serve me well now thru all sort of abuses. Construction, shooting, dirt bike crashes. Using a G-2300 Solar now. It's big and ugly, but then again so am I (shrug).

This pic is a few years old. The Solar is a good bit more 'chewed' now, but the lens is still clear, still working great. Has a brunton slide-on compass on the strap. Pretty damned good watch for $50.

hirsuteGShocks.jpg

eta well they've certainly gone up in price
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-2300F...ie=UTF8&qid=1426977341&sr=1-6&keywords=g-2300

PlethoraOfGuns

Adventurer
I used to wear a Timex Ironman Indiglo back in my Boy Scout days. But now I've changed things up with a mid 1980's Vostok Amphibia.

image.jpg
Call them crazy, but the Soviets designed this watch to compete with the Rolex Submariner, at a much less price to make. Inexpensive, simple, rugged, and always functioning. Ironically, it's like the AK 47 of wrist watches. I do need to get the dial and hands re-illuminated though. A real pain to see the watch when diving in low ligh conditions.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger

Members online