water heater storage

wagex

Adventurer
The pump I'm using is a ShurFlo with 3.0gpm and I think 45 or so psi so similar specs on the pump. I noticed in the description of the FlowJet that it has a built in bypass eliminating the need for an accumulator. I hate to purchase another pump after all the fitting and such I have invested in ShurFlo now.

yeah the pump i have is far from perfect, eg when my batteries in the trailer are getting kind of low it will surge every minute or two with no water flowing because i think it fails to generate enough pressure to keep the pressure switch turned off.

Scoutman

Explorer
yeah the pump i have is far from perfect, eg when my batteries in the trailer are getting kind of low it will surge every minute or two with no water flowing because i think it fails to generate enough pressure to keep the pressure switch turned off.

I noticed that too. You're sitting in camp all quiet and all of a sudden the pump goes ----brrrrppp-----
I guess I'll have to experiment some more before I give up on this pump. I had temporarily dismantled my system early this spring to set it back up for washing dogs on the patio.

Scoutman

Explorer
For anyone still pursuing this sort of arrangement here's where I left off in my prototype setup. Overall it worked pretty well. The pump needs some flow and pressure adjustment to operate a bit smoother but it got the job done. I purchased an accumulator but haven't spent any time working it into the setup yet.

Having it on the front of the trailer meant that I could take the hose off to the drivers side where I set my shower tent up and then to the passengers side to my sink wash basins. It pulled from a 7 gal reliance jug which meant I could keep track of how much we were using and go refill if needed. The hot/cold spikes in temp were minimal and a hot shower sure was nice after a few days of being in the woods.

IMG_20160319_180814812_HDR (Large).jpg IMG_20160319_180803628_HDR (Large).jpg IMG_20160320_183504997 (Large).jpg

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
I'm working on a similar project with a similar enclosure. So far the biggest trick is getting all the correct fittings so that it has enough room for the exhaust. I'm wanting to fit the pump, hose, and other washing related items in the box too. The space that I'm planning on mounting this dictates that it be mounted horizontally so turning things long ways won't work. I want a city fill connection so if I have access to a hose it can be connected. If not then that port would be used for the pump suction from a container in the bed of the truck.

View attachment 334914
and what box? link?

Scoutman

Explorer
and what box? link?

I'm sorry I dont have a link for the box. It was a leftover from a project at work. Its an electrical enclosure that could be sourced from an electrical supply place. I'm sure they come in different sizes and features so find one that fits your application. Of course you could use an aluminum truck box, pelican case, trailer tongue box, or similar depending on where you intend to mount and how portable you want to make it.

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
I'm sorry I dont have a link for the box. It was a leftover from a project at work. Its an electrical enclosure that could be sourced from an electrical supply place. I'm sure they come in different sizes and features so find one that fits your application. Of course you could use an aluminum truck box, pelican case, trailer tongue box, or similar depending on where you intend to mount and how portable you want to make it.

look at hte box. there should be a part number

ALSO

to fix the surging issue with the instant showers, use an expandable garden hose that fits in the small containers. the pressure required to expand it actually keeps everything regular since it creates a huge accumulator when filled.

Connecting my water misters to the pump line directly, the pump was on pretty much constant
Using the hose, it kicks on once every 11 seconds now.

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
Anyone have any suggestions for a Martin Hot Water Heater? I got this style since it wasn't as tall, so it would of been easier to store in the area that I had planned, but plans have change a bit, and I would like to find a solution for it

martin-mar-113001.jpg

Height: 30 cm (12 inches)

Width: 25 cm (10 inches)

Depth: 35 cm (14 inches)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears