We lost a wonderful friend yesterday.

nldrvr

Observer
Dave Caouette, was a wonderful friend, an avid off-roader, member of the Southern California Land Rover Club, and a team member of Land Rover Mission Viejo, CA and continued to lead new Land Rover owners on off-road events.

On Wednesday evening in Seal Beach, CA a tragic event occurred, and Dave was one of the eight victims shot.

May we all say a prayer for him and his family, a memorial fund has been established:

In Lieu of flowers:
Please make checks payable to:

Dave Caouette Memorial Fund
Long Beach Police Officers Association
2865 Temple Ave.
Signal Hill, Ca. 90755-2212

http://www.ocregister.com/news/testa-321825-caouette-rover.html
www.wheelsevents.com

Attachments

• davesm.jpg
    davesm.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 149

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
That is just terrible. His family will for sure be in my prayers. As a small Aveda salon owner this hit especially hard!
Dendy

atancreti

Observer
THIS SUCKS! He and his family is in my prayers as well. Did some gang banger thug do this? I'm in Iowa so I don't hear about this stuff that happens on the coasts..

ltngaines

Adventurer
This world is in a bad time. I pray for the family. Thats why we should all be armed. Maybe someone could have put that shooter down. What a shame.:(

Wander

Expedition Leader
To answer the question about the person responsible, it was an estranged angry husband of one of the stylists. He was arraigned today, they have a son who will now get to grow up without a mother and a father( who murdered her and the others) will be in prison for life. Totally sensless and ridiculous.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
I saw a picture of him on the news yesterday. There was a Discovery with some mods in the photo and I knew he must have been one of us. Very sad. My best to his family.

JimBiram

Adventurer
For those of you in Southern California, there is a memorial taking place Monday, October 17th at Patty's in Seal Beach, which is where he had just left before tragedy occurred.Calling all Land Rovers. Please show up and fill the parking lot.

Dave Caouette Memorial Services
Open House Monday Oct. 17th 4-8pm

Patty’s Place Restaurant
500 Pacific Coast Hwy.
Seal Beach, Ca. 90740
562-431-4898
www.pattysplacerestaurant.com/index.htm

We would like to see as many Land Rovers attend to honor him and his family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle