Welcome to the new hard-side truck camper section!

portaladmin

It appears that we were missing a forum section for the hard-side camper.
I am hoping that people will discuss the merits and inconvenient of using a camper which can be a bit larger than a pop-up.

Discussions about Lance, Bigfoot, Northern Line and all other companies are expected!

Last edited by a moderator:

SLO_F-250

Explorer
I think this is a great idea! While Im a pop-up guy myself, I enjoy checking out all camping setups & solutions! :sombrero:

sisu

Adventurer
Great idea to add this venue. I was looking at pop-ups very seriously but there is a certain member in the family that did not want one so we eventually got a excellent deal on a older 9.6 Northern Lites. I hope to see others posting here with their units and ideas.

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Great idea as I am a hard side guy, but more for the expedition end of things than the campground.

I went with a Northern Lite as the weight was close to that of a pop up and I like the hard side for the winter as it holds the heat in.

sisu

Adventurer
I believe the correct title is "section for the red-neck overlander" :)

We're a proud breed........

I can relate to that comment. As my chief corpsman buddy says, "It's always interesting to see what hardware you have strapped on today".

smeghead

Hard Sided Campers.

Great!! I have a lance 9'4" on a 3500 dodge 4x4 diesel. We take it into the desert in AZ. Mostly into the BLM lands around AJO and a bit into the Barry Goldwater Range. Performs well, but it is a bit more of a problem than just taking the truck and a tent. Much nicer living though.

Lots to discuss about running such a large and heavy rig in the desert. What do other folks have??

Smeghead.

dzzz

I suggest further section rules that 1) We never discuss feelings, and 2) Anyone talking about "tactical pants" gets immediately banned.

swampjeep

I suggest further section rules that 1) We never discuss feelings, and 2) Anyone talking about "tactical pants" gets immediately banned.

this hurts my feelings

j/k

I like the addition of this forum, I'm currently in the market for one...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears