Westfalia Wave

jaywo

Westfalia is back in the U.S. with the wave and a Euro design. I think it’s great, and the power offering is decent at 600ah if the price is right. Expedition Portal says “price to hover around $100K” which would be low versus the competition but welcomed.

The dealbreaker for me is the RAM platform. This is the USA. We have trails… need at least this to be built on a Transit AWD.

coguzzi

Adventurer
The dealbreaker for me is the RAM platform. This is the USA. We have trails… need at least this to be built on a Transit AWD.
i actually do get why they used a RAM Promaster as it is the Fiat Ducato in Europe, one platform fills 2 markets. The North America market Transit is NA market only, totally different than the EU. Not 100% sure on the sprinter but i think differences as well

Johnboyy

i actually do get why they used a RAM Promaster as it is the Fiat Ducato in Europe, one platform fills 2 markets. The North America market Transit is NA market only, totally different than the EU. Not 100% sure on the sprinter but i think differences as well

How different is the Transit?

I thought they came off the same production line in Turkey. Driveline is US specific but so is the promaster. There's no pentastar ducatos running around Italy

86scotty

Cynic
How different is the Transit?

A lot, starting with a fairly normal human sized cab and driver position, which the Promaster things definitely do not have. Mechanically Transits are far more robust and have much better ground clearance too.

Johnboyy

A lot, starting with a fairly normal human sized cab and driver position, which the Promaster things definitely do not have. Mechanically Transits are far more robust and have much better ground clearance too.

No I meant how different is the US transit Vs EU. I think it's only the diveline options are different.

Just like the US ducato (promaster) Vs EU ducato is mostly just a different driveline

jaywo

Price is out 156K and 10K for the pop up. Hard pass for a 2wd promaster. Would have been interesting if it was a Transit AWD.

GHI

Adventurer
If it was on any other chassis I'd be looking hard at this. Unfortunately for me, alot of the Class B floorplans I like are on the Promaster. I just can't do it. They're so unpleasing to the eye. Now if it had decent tow capacity I'd be willing to overlook its ugliness.

GHI

Adventurer
Not sure the Promaster will make it too far on the trail so style may not much matter there. The Transit or Sprinter will at least look much better in the driveway from my view out the living room window.

Johnboyy

I think the ducato is the best looking of the lot. (but I'd buy a transit too) It's also the king of the european conversion industry because of it's shape.

Westfalia do transits too, but not shipping them over I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears