What about Side x sides , UTV for expeditions section...

TimW

Observer
How about a section for side x sides . UTV's for expedition vehicles.

Tell about what you have, mods, trips, photos, camping , ect.

Last edited:

TimW

Observer
I'll start with mine.
It;s an 2012 Can-Am Commander Camo
For now its mostly stock but more mods are coming.
A lot of exploring in NV.

IMG_1257 - Copy.jpgIMG_1532.jpgIMG_1292.jpgIMG_1809.jpgIMG_1817.jpg

Mack4

Adventurer
I am sure some of you guys have already seen this...

http://www.utvracingassociation.com/

Some awesome builds and race rigs on there. We tricked out a Yamaha Rhino back before the Polaris RZR came out, ran them all over the Bighorns in Wyoming, they absolutely fly over terrain that slow jeeps to a crawl.

That new 4 seater RZR with the trailing arm rear suspension is pretty amazing but it costs about the same as a street legal vehicle!

There is a Magazine that has trail ride/camping articles ever once in a while.

There is even some guys who put BFG A/Ts on their UTVs and use a VIN number from a VW buggy to get it registered for the street. And then there is that RZR that raced up Pikes Peak...

They do roll pretty easy, we fitted doors and Yamaha had a class action lawsuit on the Rhinos because of the tendency to roll and lack of factory hard doors.

I'll stop now, but you get the idea, these machines are pretty awesome, and easy to find parts for. The sky is the limit on modifications and adaptations!

-Mack

Myself and a few buddies are planning a trip here in Az in April with our sxs. In Arizona you can make them street legal very easily. We are planning a 4 day trip leaving from my house and exploring some of the back roads and fishing spots in N. Az. The trip will probably be about 400 miles and very little of that on pavement. I know it is not your typical expedition vehicle or trip but it will be different.

TimW

Observer
Here are a few from today Exploring north of Gabbs, Nv some old mine sites.

IMG_1933_zps31e623d9.jpg

IMG_1931_zpsb60638c5.jpg

IMG_1940_zps5eadace7.jpg

IMG_1939_zps3d169980.jpg

IMG_1932_zpscc6f5a13.jpg

IMG_1936_zps75fa80b2.jpg

TimW

Observer
So any other SXS out there...

Anyhow some from this wknd..

Saturday

IMG_1974_zpsaa80d594.jpg

IMG_1970_zps9f637ef2.jpg

IMG_1967_zps6d9cda15.jpg

IMG_1972_zps972d557a.jpg

And a little fly fishing today
IMG_1978_zpse6ead73e.jpg

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
You might want to check out some of the outstanding fabrication work on these vehicles carried out by Zero Tolerance Fabrications over on Garage Journal, here.

ZTFab-Polairs-RZR-10.jpg
IMG_1604.jpg
IMG_1600.jpg
IMG_2068.jpg

He has the nicest welds that I've ever seen!

IMG_1837.jpg
IMG_2565.jpg

There's more in the Fabrications & Techniques section too.

A buddy and myself just finished a 231 mile sxs trip. We only traveled about 18 miles on pavement. It was a good time and we plan to do many more in the near future. I think a section dedicated to this type of travel would be an excellent idea.

Bdk

So this may be a dead thread but I actually joined this forum just to get ideas on how to make my Teryx4 more adventure ready. To be more specific, what I should put on the camping/ expedition style trailer I'm building for it.
dyjahy5e.jpg
a2ege4uv.jpg
3uta8ese.jpg

Here are some pictures of it behind my old Teryx, I recently upgraded to this Teryx4
e5a6a8yh.jpg

It has 2" lift, 30" zillas on 14" SS316 wheels, a 4000lb viper winch, oddessey battery, LED headlights and 30" LED light bar, a custom Kenwood stereo, and an EMP rear bumper with a custom spare tire carrier. More upgrades to come.
5ajyvy3u.jpg

I'm now in the process of rebuilding my trailer with an all steel floor, extended tongue, new front rack, new fenders, new all black paint, DOT approved kanati mongrel tires, and a few other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueCoyote

Observer
We have a blast exploring with them - woods, mountains, beach, hunting.
yma5u5ab.jpg

Not in the photo is the 06 Rhino - a go any where machine. Teryx has been sold, the Maverick is a great race and play machine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger