what camera should i get???

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I'm partial to canons recently just because for this camera I read all of the reviews. I wanted a camera that can go in my camelback or in my pocket and take some great shots.
I just ordered the Canon sd1000. Its tiny and has everything I need.
Looks cool to, haha!
I'll let you know how the pics are next week

XXXpedition said:
ok, here's the deal:
we've got a really good camera with all bells and whistles and so on...
BUT
it's a pain to shlepp around through the city, and now living in a high-pick-pocket area, i don't wanna walk around like a christmas tree to pick things off of.

so i want to get a small camera which i can easily put in my pocket. it should still have some decent zoom, and should not be too expensive...

i've always had canons but i'm not really brand-loyal.
so what would YOU recommend??

thanks in advance
sven

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Here's my 2 cents:

8 MP with IS is superior over a 10 MP. Really when it comes to non-professional cameras with small lenses, the megapixel race was over at 6/7.

The sensors and lens are so small that higher mp become less and less valuable. For prints, I would be highly surprised if you can see the difference (taking high and low points of individual cameras out of the equation) between 7 mp and higher. You will not get that much more ability to zoom in and crop pics with a higher mp either - there's just only so much a lens and sensor of that size can take in. That's where features like IS come in. They help with clearer focusing and therefore should create better pictures.

Now with SLR's it's different. There you have a big lens that take in lots of light and data. Megapixels can go higher there and often professionals make those massive prints that demand it.

Pete

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
If you really just want a simple PS camera, go for the new Pentax W30. About the same as the W20 but they increased the depth rating and redesigned the latch locks.

I just wish they had a PS that started at 18 to 24mm instead of 38mm. Usually I prefer to take shots with wide angles for landscapes and buildings. Zooms for the animals.

XXXpedition

Explorer
we actually ordered the pentax a 20...
got a good deal for 194 euros!
we'll be in madrid next weekend and we'll be posting pics, so you can see for yourself how it turns out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan