What Clam Shell Style Campers Still Available

ExpoMike

Hi all,

We used to own a Kamparoo clam shell style camper and overall enjoyed it. At one time Adventure Trailers (AT) used to build one and a few other company (many in Australia) but it seems they have gone away. We liked the small, closed footprint, lightweight and hard floor/full standing height when open.

I know Kamparoo still makes a version but is there anyone else? I would love to see something using modern building practices and materials.

Our old Kamparoo

PICT3917.JPG

PICT4018.JPG

ExpoMike

Yeah, most everything I find in North America doesn't have standing room or if they do, they weigh a lot and are huge. Kamparoo was only 1500 lbs. loaded.

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
Yeah, most everything I find in North America doesn't have standing room or if they do, they weigh a lot and are huge. Kamparoo was only 1500 lbs. loaded.
I've 100% seen campers of that same design here in North America. I can't recall the manufacturer names, but if you keep an eye on various classifieds sites, you're bound to find one eventually. I used to see them all the time, actually.

granthendry1956

I've 100% seen campers of that same design here in North America. I can't recall the manufacturer names, but if you keep an eye on various classifieds sites, you're bound to find one eventually. I used to see them all the time, actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior