What Clam Shell Style Campers Still Available

granthendry1956

Hi all,

We used to own a Kamparoo clam shell style camper and overall enjoyed it. At one time Adventure Trailers (AT) used to build one and a few other company (many in Australia) but it seems they have gone away. We liked the small, closed footprint, lightweight and hard floor/full standing height when open.

I know Kamparoo still makes a version but is there anyone else? I would love to see something using modern building practices and materials.

Our old Kamparoo

View attachment 811261

View attachment 811262

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral

I have one, like new, ready to go, $3,200.00 Springfield, Mo.
BTW, you could put it in the back of a full size pickup truck.

Your old trailer seems a bit odd with a side door walking into a tent support rod, we had those tent trailers in the 60's with the entrance in the front.

I've considered building one, 6'x7' it wouldn't be that hard.

ExpoMike

Kamparoo is now made in Wetaskawin, Alberta

Yep, that is who/where I bought my original Kamparoo from. I happened to get one of the Australian built ones that had been traded in. It was nicer than the Canadian built ones, as it had the slide out kitchen and access door for the under bed area on the driver side.

The current ones are not bad but they don't offer much in the way of modern design ideas. I was hoping to find something a little more up to date versus the same box build they have been doing for the last decade.

CUB Campers in Australia really upped their game over the original basic builds they did decades ago. They do offer what I want but they don't export to the USA. :( Patriot Campers offers a similar setup but they load it down with way too much stuff and the weight shows it. Loaded, they are in the 3000-4000 lbs range, much more than I want.

ripperj

Explorer
Adrenaline camper made a bigger version of the design. I buddy of mine has one. He has full canvas rooms for both sides, you could house a whole football team :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan