What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Hi

I have the same table and I was happy that no drilling had to be done. I had the one with bamboo.

152596012.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: After 6 years, my jeep battery started a slight hesitation on the start signal, so

I gotta new Interstate 800 amper and while the battery was out-

I installed two guarded switch's and rewired the front/rear locker solenoids, hidden by the battery, now

I won't have to be in 4lo to engage the lockers KEWL !

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

WininUtah

Adventurer
Back in November, ACE Mfg had a special on their new cargo basket. I finally got around to putting it in and it's nice. The mount is really secure and should be able to hold a bit of weight. I'll probably put soft sided bags up there for now, though it could easily hold my Pelican camera case, lots of attachment points for Bungees.

Win

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

BBailey

Explorer
Back in November, ACE Mfg had a special on their new cargo basket. I finally got around to putting it in and it's nice. The mount is really secure and should be able to hold a bit of weight. I'll probably put soft sided bags up there for now, though it could easily hold my Pelican camera case, lots of attachment points for Bungees.

Win

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Could you measure from the floor to the bottom of the basket for me please? Also, any way to adjust the mounting location higher or is it a one size fits all mounting solution?

Thanks! Been looking at these but am hesitant to pull the trigger without knowing it it'll even work for my intended purpose.

Crush Jeep

Adventurer
Put my new rack on the jeep. It took about 5 weeks for it to come then it was the wrong one. Another week and a half to get the correct part in (snow storm delayed Fed-Ex).
IMG_20140219_161504_748.jpg
IMG_20140219_161532_891.jpg
IMG_20140219_161605_978.jpg
Now I'm waiting on the LED light bar to arrive.

My Optima yellow top died after 3.5 years (no longer starting the car unless the engine has been running for at least 45 mins prior) - likely from running my Taurus and aux thermofans without the engine running for at least 20 mins recently, probably never fully recovered - so bought an Exide N50 4WD battery (70Ah, 620CCA, 140RC). It's an inch taller than my Optima so I'm making a new battery tray for it to sit lower in the same spot.

Ready for test fit:

jyte4e3u.jpg

ysagure5.jpg

I hear most get 5-7 years from them so I may put it on a multistage charger and have it as an under bonnet aux. Already got a diesel battery tray lined up for the opposite side.

Also picking up a pair of used 180Ah AGM batteries for free from a workmate this weekend. Been designing a rear drawer system to make room for one and my fridge and plan to run a CTEK D250S Dual DC-DC charger with it.

Busy days ahead to get it all ready for Camp Coffs in Coffs Harbour NSW over Easter. 6.5 hr drive from Sydney and they had over 180 jeeps last year :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle