What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

ZMagic97

Explorer
I like the wood block ladder support. Is that a custom creation?

Oh, and I love the tent and Jeep, too. ;)

It is, the prior owner made it and gave it to me since his vehicle was about the same height. Without the block the ladder is pretty much at a 90.

siebermd

Adventurer
Slid on my new-to-me RTT for fitting. It's only on for trips, so I wanted to make sure I could get the right stuff to mount it. (hence the driveway photos)

What kind of RTT is that? Do you have a photo or two of it in the stowed position. Looks like a robust unit.

Jakes01234

Explorer
I ordered some new tires today.
I have had the same horrible pro comp mud terrain tires for 8 years now. They have some dry rot but have worn wonderfully over the 45k miles of use. They suck in all weather except dry but I could not stand spending money on tires when the bad ones still had life left.
I always like to have different things than other people, even tires. So I purchased a set of cooper discoverer s/t's. In my area I never see them on anything especially in a 35. I'm sure they will be great compared to my current tires and they will be going on Monday. Pics will be posted when it's all mounted.

Jakes01234

Explorer
It looks great!

I also did the hummer intake. I got to the part where I needed to cut the cowl and stopped.... I just could not cut it. I have the rest of the pieces sitting in the garage for one day when I maybe have a beer or two then grow up the courage to drill it.

Sold my 98 Cherokee to a friend a few months ago. Jokingly I said to him a few days ago, "you should sell it back to me." Im getting it back next week as soon as he digs his other car out of the snow pile.

XJINTX

Explorer
Not being a "wise ********" but I can see this working to get some dust out but would it not suck in water from the "bow Wave" if in deep or running water? Do they block water somehow? I like the mod but we do some good water crossings every once in awhile.

U-turn

U-Turn
Is this some kind of a kit, or miscellanous parts together?
River Raiders sells a kit similar to this, but it's like $450. I built this for just over $100. I ordered the air box mount from River Raiders for $25 and put the rest together myself. Beamer Pilot.... It is off a tractor, forklift to be exact. Meckanix, I found the top hat by doing a lot of searching myself. Forklift Hood Inlet is the magic google search. Intella Forklift parts is who I got the part from for like $35. It's very well built with a 3" inlet. Pretty sure it's the same one River Raiders uses/sells. The rest I found at a local parts store. A expandable 3" air hose and two 3" throttle bodies to mount the hood inlet. 4 stainless steel bolts to mount it to the cowl and boom, snorkel.
And XJINTX, where I come from, if the water is 6" over your hood, it's probably best to try to find another, shallower route. I tip my hat to others who are that hard core about making water crossing. But water that is that deep, it's not my cup of tea. :coffeedrink:

Last edited:

XJINTX

Explorer
U turn THANKS for the quick reply. I realize most of us don't go in water that deep... I was just asking as I've had to angle pretty much upstream sometimes to get across and the water rushes over the hood not just because of really deep water. I agree 6" above the hod is probably fine except in drastic situations where many other factors come in ;). I like the build and may copy it on my other Jeep :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle