What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

iMTB

Adventurer
I got a basket the other day. Still need to paint it and mount it.
e86c4ba9.jpg

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Had the tires rotated and re-balanced. Plus went and got a wiring harness to re-wire the ol trailer in the driveway to hopefully pull behind it one day....:smiley_drive:

Steve F

Adventurer
Mounted the RTT to the XJ and unpacked it just to check it was all good and ready to go :) Now to remember to stay out of carpacks for a couple of weeks before I head off camping.

Cheers
Steve

Modeler

W1DCS
Pictures of the Besrk (Jeepforum member) bumper/tire carrier I installed as well as the Delta lug hole brake lights yesterday. Today, I tidied up the wiring of the brake lights to "P" clamps instead of cable ties.

I was able to remove the factory HMBL wiring completely because I found that standard banana plug female terminals slipped right on the factory door jam pins.
IMG_0001.jpg

Back side with the tidied up wiring
IMG_0003.jpg

Tire mount and backside of the Delta brake lights. Instead of the supplied trailer pin to secure I used a grade 8 5/8 3.5 bolt.
IMG_0005.jpg

The depth is adjustable, I currently have it set all the way in. For my trip to Moab next summer I will move it farther and have room to mount a Scepter MFC and MWC behind the tire. I haven't ordered the can mounts yet, but they attach to the angle portions of the arm. I attached the factory rubber bumpers from the tailgate to the angled arms to make the tire even more secure. It didn't move around before I added them so they are just piece of mind.

The bolt on the top is for anti-rattle
IMG_0006.jpg

I also ordered it with the optional frame tie-ins.
IMG_0009.jpg

Kind of hard to see in this picture, but the top tire receiver is angled up a bit by design.
IMG_0011.jpg

What the tailgater sees
IMG_0012.jpg

I have to learn to take pictures on days that aren't hazy or cloudy. LOL

Hannibal USA

Adventurer
nice.

look forward to your take on the 5.38s. a buddy of mine loves his. sometimes I feel my 5.13s with 35's aren't deep enough.

yup with 37's glad I went with 5.38's good take off power, but when towing in 100 degree weather climbing 7,000-9,000 ft pass's it could qalmost use more. but yes very happy.
at 70 mph I'm turning 2,300 RPM

bldeagle10

Explorer
not today but since thursday, had brand new tires mounted, friday headed out for camping, popped a brand new tire...while putting the spare on realized that Discount Tire took off my metal valve stems and caps so going back there this week to have them replaced as well as the tire plugged) cleaned up some wiring, used it as a tow rig through the back country for my grandma's van that had some electrical hiccups, wheeled it a small amount (scared me to be out there without a spare) also, oddly used it to chop some wood, found a 5 foot log that was maybe 6 inches in diameter, hacked at it with the axe for about 5 minutes trying to cut it in half for the fire pit, gave up cause the wood was a hardwood and propped it up against a tree, drove the jeeps drivers front tire up the log, didnt break it, rolled off it, drove back up again and it finally broke...rolled over 325,000 miles, found oil leaking from the valve cover gasket, realized that the motor is running exceedingly smooth, yet it is still a tired old motor and just had noooo power at 7500ft elevation, time to rebuild, and possibly go stroker.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Pictures of the Besrk bumper/tire carrier I installed .............

Eddie does some great work!

I managed to snap a leaf spring in 1/2 on the XJ. Guess I waited to long to change them out:snorkel:

There's a lot of weight inside when it's 'Expedition Loaded', and after 5 years, it took it's toll.

IMG_20110905_165758.jpg

Steve F

Adventurer
Added the inverter today, it's temporarily wired in to a merit plug (25A which is about 250W-300W) and is fused accordingly, this is enough for my cape york trip as all it has to do is recharge my laptop and run a 110W vacuum sealer (need to keep the food as fresh as possible). When I get back I'll wire it in to much thicker cable so it can support the full 120A (startup load). I mounted it under the shelf so it was nice and high, my last one was mounted under the front seat and died when I drowned the XJ and got water and mud up over the top of it.

Also stained and lacquered the small table top that sits on top of the drawer, it only covers half the drawer and is just to put things in when I take them out of the fridge etc when there is no room anywhere else :)

600W/1200W inverter

IMG_0800.jpg

You can see its location under the shelf here

IMG_0799.jpg

Cheers
Steve

bldeagle10

Explorer
are those the normal plugs in Australia? I've never seen a socket like that...

today i took her down to discount tire to have the punctured tire checked out, cant repair it, so the 5th brand new tire will be mounted a heck of a lot sooner than I planned...

Yudda

Adventurer
Hi Steve F

Nice rig. I'm interested in your experience with the vacuum sealer in the field.

It sounds like a interesting idea.

Thanks.

Steve F

Adventurer
are those the normal plugs in Australia? I've never seen a socket like that...

today i took her down to discount tire to have the punctured tire checked out, cant repair it, so the 5th brand new tire will be mounted a heck of a lot sooner than I planned...

Yep, standard Australian 240V plug, although it is mounted upside down.

Cheers
Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger