What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

88Xj

Banned
Picked up some rollers that ill end up keeping after all. They appear to be stock ford wheels off a ranger or bronco II or something. 4" back spacing, 15x7s, bolt in valve stems.

Horribly faded/corroded. Sat in a back yard for 2 years I guess. Little elbow grease got me here.

Fairly dang good for no polish..but around rivets were still rusted & corroded.

Tonight after some nevrdull & popping out the rivets.

Final will be strip the clear coat & paint black. The rivet holes will be filled by either grade 8 golds or grade 5 zincs for a "different" look.

Portal_Old

It rains EVERY day
Finished painting my hood matte black.

I'm waiting for the flat black pin striping I ordered to come in so I can cover up the edges of the black. And yes, I realize that the sides aren't exactly even, I'm hoping to hide that a little with the pin striping.

that looks really good. i like that the hinges are not black. makes for a nice accent.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Got my 50qt. ARB fridge today. Can't wait to get it in the Jeep. Gonna get some wire and other things to have some power ran to the back of the Jeep so I can plug it in.

Idahoan

Adventurer
Tried out a used electric igloo cooler I picked up. Wanted to see how cold it got. Six hours later I had a dead battery and no way to go get more beer. Now I know why it was used, 4-6 amps continuos draw. I think I'll put in dual batteries and buy an ARB.

mmaattppoo

Adventurer
Added a Golight RadioRay wireless remote control spotlight...

7yryja9a.jpg

y8eza2at.jpg

hera8ury.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Built he base for my JKU storage using 1/2" birch with slide in area for 3 unit snowpeak igt table and legs on the left and a slide in area for my mechanics craftsman set on right, behind the tool set area on right I have a top opening cabinet. Moved the JK tie down clasps from bed to sides of the unit. Next will be doing a removable drawer on left with fridge slide on top of that.

View attachment 156379
View attachment 156380
View attachment 156381

bldeagle10

Explorer
washed her. threw the head in the cargo area to get it out of the garage till I can afford to get the valve job done and rebuild rest of motor and tranny. going stroker

MOSDIF589

Axel Adventures
ARB said they had to slightly modify the stubby to get the Zeon to fit but the black JK they sent down to EJS looked sweet with it on there. ARB says that they are trying to do a running change on the stubby production that will work with the Zeon.

I just installed 4"OME w/ARB rear bumper & ARB STUBBY frt bumper. I was shocked that the 10k ZENON didnt fit with out notching the bumper. It is in and looks great...

BADDANDY

Adventurer
Installed a 12v receptacle in the rear for the Frig on order. I found the receptacle at a boat store. I wired pos. directly to the battery with 12g wire and an inline 20amp fuse. I had to splice in 3ft to the 12ft of packaged wired, so 15ft is needed, all covered in splitloom. Feeding it thru all the plastic panels was not fun. Ground is wired to the nutsert for the panel. For a 2 door '13 Sport w/out a subwoofer, I mounted it in the only spot with room behind the panel for it's length. I like it up high out of the way.

DSCF4284.jpgDSCF4283.jpg

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Tore into my XJ today. After the shipping company was nice enough to destroy my drive shaft and then trail fix it without warning me I was on borrowed time every time I moved it. I ordered a new adapter yoke from Serious off road and the new slip yoke and some 1310 joints from Morris 4x4. They all arrived fast so I got to wrenching. While I was at it I changed the tranny output shaft seal and the rear shocks that were way to long. Last was to install the front wheel spacers since the factory wheels are pretty shallow. Rides MUCH better now and I can actually give it some go pedal without worrying my drive shaft will fly out! ;)

mmaattppoo

Adventurer
Completed phase one of installing a sliding cargo tray; base rails and 400lb slides done.

Phase two is next; cutting the tray and mounting to the slides.

gera5yre.jpg

zepytyzy.jpg

ju8esa2y.jpg

Almost ready for the 2013 camping season!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78