What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

wgyouree

KK6LZW
MagLite mounts and new front driveshaft

Finally installed the driver and passenger side MagLite mounts I've had lying around. Nice to not have those things rolling around anymore. Also installed my new Tom Woods Custom front driveshaft. It's the XB with longer splines, twice the surface area in contact. I'll be testing it out on the Rubicon in June.

It was really hard to get to the bolts on the T-case yoke due to the huge Tummy Tuck center skid. I dropped the skid to make life easier. Supported the T-case with a ratchet strap and also supported the transmission with a jack, just in case. Worked out really well. Getting the center skid back on by myself was tough, the thing weighs close to 100 lbs. I jacked it up, then supported both sides with a jack stand. Then I wiggled between the two jack stands so I could line up the bolts for the transmission mount. I just lifted slightly with my elbow once it was lined up and the reached over and ratched up the jack stand another notch. Once they were lined up I just jacked it up a little more, loosely tightened the skid plate bolts, tightened the transmission mount bolts, lowered the jack and then went around tightening everything up. Easy peasy.

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

FKreider

Observer
Fixed my apparently non-working brake lights and turn signals, just needed a new fuse and flasher relay, got to love simple fixes, things are usually more complicated than that.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
How do you like your tail bone? Does it rattle much?

Actually it doesn't rattle in the slightest. It did wobble a little with that big heavy rim and tire on there, much less now with the additional brace I installed. That will give the gas can holder some surface to mount to. Basically it is silent otherwise, love it.

As for what I did today, well I finally installed the Spectre Performance cowl snorkel that I have had sitting in the garage in a box since Feb.

No turning back now!

and done.

All in all it was about 3 hours, but at least 1 hour was moving and re-cabling my power dist block. Must have removed 40 zip ties...lol. The very best part is the nice big empty space under the hood where the stock air box was, and where my new deep cycle 2nd battery will be mounted. Just need to come up with a battery tray and a Group 24 that will fit in that spot.

I bought this thing based on a bunch of positive reviews and because a friend in WA said he installed one and loved it. Put a cowl snorkel in they said, not too noisy they said. BS!! This thing is way loud, but only at WOT and at startup. Otherwise, you only hear it if the tunes are off. I guess I should not drive at WOT all the time then?

My wife is going to hate it!

xndrxw

Observer
I did the Spectre intake on my Wrangler and I love it. I put on a rear facing cowl also to pull air in. Works really well. I have had it for about a year now.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Hi

Was out camping with a friend of mine in sweden. You now the swedish cook in muppet show, now we are two so it should be twice as good:ylsmoke:

Some video when we make some food close to the Jeep Wrangler 2012

Se it in 1080p

VanIsle_Greg

I did the Spectre intake on my Wrangler and I love it. I put on a rear facing cowl also to pull air in. Works really well. I have had it for about a year now.

Any pics of this rear facing cowl?

I am planning on modding this to come up through the cowl and up the "A" pillar like a normal snorkel, or ending at a cap in front of the window...just need to find that cap link I had?

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Purchased some new high performance rotors and pads for the wk. driving home from the mountains last week I could really tell they needed replacement.

VanIsle_Greg

My pads on the front of my WK are very thin, time for a replacement soon. What did you buy? I am looking at the EBC stuff this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle