What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Dirty_Jeeper

Adventurer
Saturday, removed the blown rear C 8.25 from my 97 and installed the C 8.25 from my 99. Sunday, Removed the LP D 30 from my 97 and installed the HP D 30 from my 99. Now Red, my 97 is back on the road as my daily driver after being down for a week. I think I might take tomorrow off!

BIG JOHN

Observer
Parade.jpg

Installed my power inverter so I could hook up Christmas lights on my M416! Pulled some Girl Scouts in a parade on Sunday!

bldeagle10

Explorer
^Sweet! my idea of holiday spirit is tossing a stuffed caribou up on the roof rack and tying it down like I just got back from hunting >:) mean, but it would get a laugh

haggled a little bit and think I may have a custom exhaust set up from Billy Boat (ex indy driver) guess he dabbled with an XJ set up but there was no market here for it and he thinks he may have a few laying around in the shop. we will see. tomorrow I get to talk to the guy who builds their stock car motors (think it's Rick Waters Racing or something like that) and see what can be done about my head and how much it will set me back..

Logans91XJ

Dirt Road Anthem
I installed new motor mounts from Brown Dog Offroad http://www.browndogoffroad.com I really like how beefy these mounts are but they do add a fair amount of vibration into the cab since they don't have quite the amount of soft rubber as the stock ones. I am going to replace my trans mount soon and see if that will help. Also Im going to back the main shaft nut off some to see if that helps. I am really really happy with these and it added lots of good feedback in the motor. If the vibes are still really bad I might go back with stock mounts.
smugshot2422069-L.jpg

smugshot2128845-L.jpg

smugshot1403481-L.jpg

Logans91XJ

Dirt Road Anthem
A couple days before that I finally was able to install my JCR Super Square Rock Rails!http://www.jcroffroad.com Holy Freaking Hell these beauties are made to last! About 30lbs a piece and made from solid awesomeness! It was pretty simply install just took our time and measured everything up and marked the holes then went to town on the drilling.
smugshot4715965-L.jpg

Hit them with several coats of Self Etching Primer --- If I were gonna do it again I would have just had them powercoated. With the amount of time and money spent on supplies and paint powercoating probably would have been slightly more but (6-7$ a can)won't scratch so easily as the Ruste Bed Liner Paint (7$ a can). Sorry for the poor pics I didn't really plan on doing any kind of write up sooo I just snapped a few photos for my instagram account.
smugshot8678436-X2.jpg

This is 3.5" Lift and running 31x10.50 on Black Steel 15's.
smugshot3348981-X2.jpg

I love the rough finish and you don't have to worry about slipping on them when they are wet and with spray paint easy touch up.

I really don't like how these are mainly held up by the pinch seam and the self tapping bolts can't take a lot of pressure since the unibody is so thin. So roommate and I headed over to grandpas house to do some welding. I tried my best to use and electric welder and I totally suck.... HAHAH it was my 1st though. Im actually pretty good with a OXY ACY Stick Welding.
smugshot2922244-X2.jpg

beardus supremous

Adventurer
only have cell pics of what happened and none yet of this finished product (been busy doing christmasy things), BUT the xj is back on the road and looks better than before it got $2800 worth of damage. New rf fender, fixed rf door, fixed rr quarter, pulled roof back to where it needed to be, new windshield, flat black hood w/ marine vents (really liking this simple mod). However i did shatter the rear glass, but we found this out after insurance had done estimate. it really screwed up the gate (bowed it in), so after a $150 salvage yard find, another rear gate was installed with a rear glass already in it. same price as getting a new glass anyways, and the insurance company would have totalled it if they would have seen this no doubt. i have to screw with my tire carrier a bit more to get the latch back in order. that got bent. And i am without a roofrack at the moment, so one will be built in the spring. Long story short, saved from the scrapper for a second time.

bldeagle10

Explorer
confirmed today that I will be stripping the head off this weekend and sending it to Rick Waters Racing Engines to have rebuilt, I'd like to rebuild it myself and just have him do the machine work but the budget doesn't allow currently. more info in my build thread...

enumclaw

Installed a front reciever hitch - will now have winch available front and rear by ..

using a hitchmounted electric winch in basket. One winch to use where it will be needed. It will also make getting the boat in and out of the garage a little easier - we'll see how much easier this saturday.....

bldeagle10

Explorer
^I need to do that, need to come up with quick disco's for the wiring though. and get a wireless controller just to make things easier.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
............ It will also make getting the boat in and out of the garage a little easier - we'll see how much easier this saturday.....

It will make it a whole lot easier! I have a reciever on the front of my CJ, and will be installing one on my TJ.

I only use mine for jockeying trailers around, makes it a breeze, especially in tight quarters like a garage.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Maybe picked up some new Hella 700ff's?

Other than that, looked at it and lamented all the stuff I have queued up to do on it and have yet to start? I have like 4 or 5 projects that I have stuff for, just no warm dry place to do them? Not to mention all the stuff I need to do to the CDN m101? So little time so much to do.

Project list:

1. Overhead Console installation (console/wiring/sensors/cut out template in garage)
2. Install rear WJ seats (fronts in, rears sitting in garage)
3. Wire in aux lighting to new switch panel in place of useless ashtray thing
4. Make switch panel to put in place of useless ashtray thing
5. Install remainder of exterior lights (LED kits still in the mail)
6. Install colour matched Chrysler LeBaron hood vents (painted them last year, they should be dry by now)
7. Undercoat floors/wheel arches with Monstaliner

*sigh*

8. Oh and order and install a set of Bush Whacker flat flare$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179