What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
......dropped a 3.3 Cummins in, suspension brackets tacked on, rear 60 mocked in along with 44 front......

SamM

Adventurer
Had the first oil change done and MOPAR/Jeep front mud flaps installed on my 2013 Jeep JKSM. Next, is water tanks and AEV rear mud flaps in the stock AEV rear bumper. The tire carrier and HiLift mounts will follow that. I hope to have the snorkel and winch on it before the snow flies.

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
As requested. Building it to drag behind the camper that's in the obese thread. 2000 TJ, 3.3 Cummins, NVG3550, NP231 with 32 spline short shaft, Dana 60 4.88 Detroit rear, similarly equipped high pinion Dana 44 front, 37" BFG KM2's, 3" lift with cutting to accommodate the new position of the wheels as it is stretched both ways. Should have all the underpinnings done in a couple of weeks as I have everything, and put the body back on and cut, powder coat, pair, and armour up.

Image 2.jpgImage 1.jpgImage 7.jpgImage 5.jpgImage 4.jpgImage 1.jpgImage.jpgImage.jpg

As requested. Building it to drag behind the camper that's in the obese thread. 2000 TJ, 3.3 Cummins, NVG3550, NP231 with 32 spline short shaft, Dana 60 4.88 Detroit rear, similarly equipped high pinion Dana 44 front, 37" BFG KM2's, 3" lift with cutting to accommodate the new position of the wheels as it is stretched both ways. Should have all the underpinnings done in a couple of weeks as I have everything, and put the body back on and cut, powder coat, pair, and armour up.

Awesome stuff there can't wait to see the rest of the build :)

I swapped over my 11" thermofan for one from a late 2000 model and wired it temporarily to come on with ignition. It has 10 blades rather than 8 and seems to pull more air with the different design.
epa9ajun.jpg

I say temporarily as my 16" thermofan is toast and I'm currently prepping for a Taurus conversion. Finalising the wiring schematic now as I have some specific things I want I to do and haven't found a diagram yet that will do it. Specifically:
- keep two fans (Taurus and XJ, mounted like this http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoTaurusFanInstall1.htm)
- have the low speed side of the Taurus come on with ignition - to help with general cooling and let the thermostat do the rest of the work
- have the XJ and high speed side of the Taurus come on with ECU circuit or a manual switch (or trans temp)
- few second delay for high speed to help minimise voltage spike when the Taurus goes high speed from ignition on as it's already moving on low speed
- kill both fans with a manual switch in the case of water crossings.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Thanks dudes... I actually like the contrast of the orange on the red?

Today I extracted the snapped bolt end from my sway bar disconnect, took like 5 minutes...yay! Was listed as Grade 8, but man it was soft?? I luckily had a real Grade 8 bolt the right size and thread pitch to replace it. DONE! Just need to re-mount it and hook em back up.

Looked at my CB sitting on the shelf, still need to mount and tune it.

haminawag

Electrical

I worked on electrical gremlins today. My Wagoneer was rewired by a real "pro", maybe a pro dog-groomer, but this guy didn't know a thing about wiring, or much of anything else for that matter. I just finished correcting the guys unsafe home made lift kit and his other home made suspension surprises. Now it's time to get the electrical issues reined in. Next will be interior, then exterior, then getting it registered, then I can start making my weekly pilgrimage to the gas pumps, ha ha. It's big and ugly, and it's rough and rusty, and it smells bad and scares small children, it's just about perfect!:ylsmoke:

yossarian19

Observer
I replaced the lower hose and some coolant on my '98 xj. After 15 years I thought it was just due...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger