What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Maxcustody

Explorer
Got a Rhino-Rack Backbone with Pioneer platform installed and picked up the new tent.....
d230347f96a76115f2e40d13b3a77f76.jpg
fc7f348237a71b93bc8e511f3a4a0aa6.jpg
d1714dd8ba832b4ab091ee5852ec2be5.jpg
58fc72a16e12578313ec5fc11ee9911e.jpg
ae546120ecaaad75d779918df6e0361c.jpg
b03d1d6a93bfdfa9ce7af242edadb74c.jpg

Sent from my Roof Top Tent

MTSN

Explorer
Installed a set of JW Speaker Evo 2 Headlights.

I'd suggest painting the trim rings flat black and adding a horizontal adjustment screw if you haven't already. I did those two things and my impression of the headlights went up about double.

Skennedy

Adventurer
I'd suggest painting the trim rings flat black and adding a horizontal adjustment screw if you haven't already. I did those two things and my impression of the headlights went up about double.

Going to do that thought I had paint when I started the install.......I was wrong !!!!!
Love the improvement.

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv

Where does the seatbelt buckle anchor? If it anchors to the body, the forward momentum is handled by the seatbelt anchors. If it anchors to the seat or seat frame, the seat and seat frame bolts are responsible for restraint. In this second case, you should replace the rusted bolts and use grade 8 on all that are responsible for keep you and the seat from going thru the windshield.

PCO6

Adventurer
Where does the seatbelt buckle anchor? If it anchors to the body, the forward momentum is handled by the seatbelt anchors. If it anchors to the seat or seat frame, the seat and seat frame bolts are responsible for restraint. In this second case, you should replace the rusted bolts and use grade 8 on all that are responsible for keep you and the seat from going thru the windshield.
The seat belt buckles are anchored to the Hyundai seats - same as the original Jeep seats were. The bolts in the picture are all now grade 8 (the pic is of the mock up before the brackets were removed and painted). The bracket bolts to the floor are the originals. The Jeep is 12 years old and very rust free. I'll replace them at some point but I'm not worried about them now.

mtbxj87

Adventurer
IMG_1607[1].jpg
Built a cargo/ sleeping platform in the xj. Mounted solid, no hole drilled through floor and can be removed in about 5 minutes. needs carpeting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle