What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
Bought a winch today and mounted it to the bumper. The install was going so well in the beginning. The winch mounting plate came with a vacuum pump relocation bracket (most don't), which was one less thing to purchase. However, you'll notice the lack of a fairlead. That is because the mounting points on the bumper are 11 1/4" apart and they're 10" apart on the fairlead that came with the winch. I didn't know that until I got to the point of putting the fairlead on. Now I've got to track down a fairlead that will fit.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

comptiger5000

Adventurer
Ordered some LED headlights to replace the ever failing H4 bulbs in my IPF housings.

With no projector and 360 degree light output, those are going to scatter super bright light everywhere.

Agreed. You can't just throw LED bulbs into a housing meant for halogens. If your H4s are failing all the time, you might just need to find some better bulbs. My current set is at 4.5 years and counting with plenty of use.

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
Had some time on my hands so I opted to take care of this project today as well.

I had previously mounted my pistol in the center console, but the mags were just sliding around inside, so I bought a dual mag holder and mounted that in there as well.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
Finished de-stickering the Jeep by removing the Rubicon stickers.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Went to a dealership and had them key my locking gas cap to my ignition key.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

Espo78

Adventurer
Bought a winch today and mounted it to the bumper. The install was going so well in the beginning. The winch mounting plate came with a vacuum pump relocation bracket (most don't), which was one less thing to purchase. However, you'll notice the lack of a fairlead. That is because the mounting points on the bumper are 11 1/4" apart and they're 10" apart on the fairlead that came with the winch. I didn't know that until I got to the point of putting the fairlead on. Now I've got to track down a fairlead that will fit.

View attachment 314360

That is odd, I always thought they were universal. I've never seen fairleads advertised as one size or another. I just measured mine and it's 10". Is there another piece that is supposed to bolt to the bumper that the fairlead bolts to?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78