What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Warn steel Hawse fairlead

Bought a winch today and mounted it to the bumper. The install was going so well in the beginning. The winch mounting plate came with a vacuum pump relocation bracket (most don't), which was one less thing to purchase. However, you'll notice the lack of a fairlead. That is because the mounting points on the bumper are 11 1/4" apart and they're 10" apart on the fairlead that came with the winch. I didn't know that until I got to the point of putting the fairlead on. Now I've got to track down a fairlead that will fit.

View attachment 314360

Nice looking install. :beer:

fwiw, i'm running a Warn cast steel Hawse fairlead. Like this much better than a roller fairlead.
This is the fairlead which comes with the Mopar Warn Winch setup for the JK. IT should be available through Mopar.

The license plate tucks things in nice and tight.

Attachments

• Hi-Lift_Bumper-mod.jpg
    Hi-Lift_Bumper-mod.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Hi-Lift-second-lock.jpg
    Hi-Lift-second-lock.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 40

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
For the most part, fairleads are universal, so why Mopar would make a front bumper with an 11.25" bolt pattern spread is a mystery to me. At any rate, I found a company that makes a plate that attaches to the front of the bumper and will allow me to complete the install by attaching my fairlead...allegedly...I'm not holding my breath.

If it doesn't work, I'll look into the Mopar Warn Winch kit, although I'm hoping that they part it out and I won't have to buy the whole thing since I just need the one piece.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Nice looking install. :beer:

fwiw, i'm running a Warn cast steel Hawse fairlead. Like this much better than a roller fairlead.
This is the fairlead which comes with the Mopar Warn Winch setup for the JK. IT should be available through Mopar.

The license plate tucks things in nice and tight.

When you use that winch with its steel cable if it is not a straight pull, right out the front then that steel cable will saw right through that aluminum hawse.

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
When you use that winch with its steel cable if it is not a straight pull, right out the front then that steel cable will saw right through that aluminum hawse.

He wrote it's a cast steel hawse. Don't know what sort of effect the cable will have on that, but it will fair better than aluminum.

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
Had some free time on my hands tonight so I removed the rear headrests...something I've been meaning to do for weeks now. There's a video on YouTube showing a way to make the rear headrests fold back while the seats are in the up position (like they do when the seats get folded down), but that wasn't good enough for me, so I went a different route.

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

abddb4ee9f2feefe73a8aec62daced23.jpg

f8421e03d6a9234741ae56914fb2d80d.jpg

10f3bff7c72d116feae06fe442b72c24.jpg
d162022861d64240fcd764523109627b.jpg
9e7b9a980ec2d8f7e90630978894ff14.jpg

I upgraded my lighting situation. Now I can actually tell that my lights are on at night

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Luckily for you the condenser is up front behind the grill!

My bad, I meant the Evap Core in the airbox. Right beside the heater core so if I do it I will replace that too.

To be honest, I might just do an AC delete and use the compressor for an OBA system.

What tires are you looking to get? My dad just put a set OF BFG AT K02 on his WK, nice tires...they have come a long way.

mtbxj87

Adventurer
I want the ko2 31". I've heard great things. My ac hasn't worked in years and it's the old r12 so I'd have to change everything. I've been planning on making it OBA as well.

jswift716

Adventurer
My bad, I meant the Evap Core in the airbox. Right beside the heater core so if I do it I will replace that too.

To be honest, I might just do an AC delete and use the compressor for an OBA system.

What tires are you looking to get? My dad just put a set OF BFG AT K02 on his WK, nice tires...they have come a long way.
That's exactly what I'm setting to do in my xj. There's tons of write ups everywhere

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My 14 yo son and I replaced the AEV bilsteins on my JKUS with a set of Old Man Emu Nitrocharger sports to match the HD springs I put on earlier this year

IMG_1301.jpg
IMG_1303.jpg

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
I added a trailer and RTT. The Jeep pulled it nicely on the 4.5 hour drive home, and I averaged 15.8 MPG, which is better than I was expecting.

12243279_163280010692013_1499598415506998956_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger