What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

JCDriller

Adventurer
I finished my fridge slide today. After learning what it would cost to have someone bend aluminum for a one off project I decided to go ahead and redesign my project using aluminum angle and plate. Like most things I build this is a tad heavy, but will outlast me.

Like most things this will lead to another project. I like the slider, but it's too high to be ideal. I'd imagine I'll eventually redesign my box to allow the fridge slider to be lower. This will work for now.

All closed up

Anchors to box using 10 T nuts

Fridge slide top

Table top (still need to polish)

Tailgate table is still usable

Fridge opening (biggest compromise... Still opens more than when the fridge was in the Jeep)

Had to lose the wiper motor cover to clear fridge when closing glass

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Battery tray done/painted/installed. Made a new interior panel to surround it and hold the dual battery stuff. No time to wire it yet but it's progress.
6542e13ad0cfcf4b7f2196904308a05d.jpg
ccb2b4300af2af2e71e0e02515a3a984.jpg
2330163ab473dd329c35370e88d14f73.jpg
67a4fae43564f07aee2c4b9b31d5c1ac.jpg

Coincidentally I installed my new carrier and Crux bridging ladders mounted up.
c1b3084486092d95519cd9ad1190b4ab.jpg
Buddy of mine wanted to drill the 1" hole in the body
21f21dfcc9540d011a7f09c6eb95f5a9.jpg

5027e9f1749cc315172cffedde1bb3f1.jpg
Crux bridges all mounted up
f9e438f88b1979ad84676c0dd83a53a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

engineerd

Desk Jockey
Drove it to work! The BMW has a bad tire and I'm waiting on a set of new tires. So, the Jeep finally got driven more than just moving it out of the way. I forgot what an uncivilized beast it is. It also helps that the front left speaker no longer works. Something is going on in the driver's door that I need to get to the bottom of.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
installing a blow hard, besides the driver

Started working on the Puma Compressor mounting.
Still a l-o-n-g way to go...

Attachments

• Air-comp-box.jpg
    Air-comp-box.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 66

JCDriller

Adventurer
Since I lost the wiper motor cover I needed to replace my rear light set up. I decided to get a roll of 2835 LEDs and some double sided 3M Tape then wired it up. I used these to make the 90* bends. I love it, it puts out a TON of light, draws nearly nothing and due to its shape there are not many shadows formed no matter where I'm working in the back.

You can see the switch on the wiper motor bracket

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Since I lost the wiper motor cover I needed to replace my rear light set up. I decided to get a roll of 2835 LEDs and some double sided 3M Tape then wired it up. I used these to make the 90* bends. I love it, it puts out a TON of light, draws nearly nothing and due to its shape there are not many shadows formed no matter where I'm working in the back.

You can see the switch on the wiper motor bracket

That's outstanding! How do you power the LEDs? I'd like a barney simple breakdown on this. Wonder if you could do a strip in white and a separate one in a more night vision friendly...?

JCDriller

Adventurer
That's outstanding! How do you power the LEDs? I'd like a barney simple breakdown on this. Wonder if you could do a strip in white and a separate one in a more night vision friendly...?

I ran a fused 12VDC wire w/ quick disconnect up into the hard top where the wiper wiring is and used the wiper motor's ground. I've had it wired for a long time but I used a small LED stuck to the wiper motor cover. This is WAY better. It wouldn't be hard at all to use a DPDT switch and run a Red or Amber LED strip just inside the white. I considered it, but ended up just going with white. If you do this be very careful with the 90* connectors, I have to replace a couple of the tapes as they began to rip during the install.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
I ran a fused 12VDC wire w/ quick disconnect up into the hard top where the wiper wiring is and used the wiper motor's ground. I've had it wired for a long time but I used a small LED stuck to the wiper motor cover. This is WAY better. It wouldn't be hard at all to use a DPDT switch and run a Red or Amber LED strip just inside the white. I considered it, but ended up just going with white. If you do this be very careful with the 90* connectors, I have to replace a couple of the tapes as they began to rip during the install.
Thanks for the intel. Gonna look into doing this in my xj.
So you just cut to fit (at the marked portions) and solder on some wires to a 12v switch?

Last edited:

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
You have the perfect setup for a camp site bar!

Great work on this JCD!
Thanks for the link to the connectors, that is a great idea!
I already have all the rest of the stuff to do this, but may upgrade to the multi color lights and remote control.
Would be awesome for a bar setup, and dancing in camp...:rockon:...:shakin:
Now we need to get Blue Baby Sound's band. :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman