What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Uticon

Adventurer
Washed mine after a great weekend in the Uintas.:victory:

Attachments

• IMGP1826R1.jpg
    IMGP1826R1.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 96

fasteddy47

Adventurer
Worked on my gerry can carrier....Many more holes to cut.......and my roof rack!!!
cancarrier1.jpg

rack12.jpg

bldeagle10

Explorer
yet another parts run, for parts that don't belong to my vehicle :/ my sister learned her lesson though, took her mustang down to emissions after i told her to let me do a tune up before going, failed all tests but the gas cap test, so she had me do a major tune up today...i just hate working on other peoples cars now that i have my XJ....

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
if you can reach, go the "thief's route" reach up into the engine bay from under the engine compartment (if you know where the cable runs) and if you pull on the cable right it should release the hood.. then its just a matter of replacing the cable, adding oil, if you want to be super cool you can just get rid of that junk and go with hood pins :sombrero:

Now I understand the purpose of hood pins. The release should be easy to fix, I can remove the grill and access the whole mechanism from there easy and I'll just put a little ring or something that I can get my fingers in to pull and open it.

bldeagle10

Explorer
haha totally forgot the grill comes off with 4 screws.. at least its not like when my rear hatch wouldn't open, the handle broke and we had to remove the rear bumper and unbolt the latch deal from the underside, pain in the ********...

simple green'ed the engine bay, we will see how clean it gets in a few minutes!

edit:
could have done better with the cleaning, had to move my Suburban (not running, so i hooked it up to the jeep, towed it a few feet, then as i started to try and hand push the burban back into its parking spot literally we hear a huge crash of thunder and 20 seconds later it started a massive downpour, so i said screw that, the wind was blowing like crazy, i just backed the jeep up to the burban and used the bumper to reverse it into its new spot...no body damage to either, or cosmetic damage for that matter.
for some reason it always gets me excited and i feel accomplished when i get to use my Jeep as a tractor!

Last edited:

bldeagle10

Explorer
201108191914000.jpg
hows that for a Jeep expo trailer? lol
16' will carry 55 gal of water, 55 gal of gas, food, and camping gear for a week of elk hunting, then on the way out it may carry an elk :D

BadPunkin

Observer
Pulled the new trailer to get weighed for registration.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313811643.002495.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313811643.002495.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 101

alexfm

Explorer
Mounted the awning to the roof rack today in preperation for the trip to Cape York :)

IMG_0635_nonum.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Now why is it that you guys always have to post such cool pictures of your awesome rigs whenever I have the urge to spend some money? Is this some sort of conspiracy? ;)

Awning looks great on your XJ, Steve. Actually, I just love the whole thing. :D

Steve F

Adventurer
Now why is it that you guys always have to post such cool pictures of your awesome rigs whenever I have the urge to spend some money? Is this some sort of conspiracy? ;)

Awning looks great on your XJ, Steve. Actually, I just love the whole thing. :D

You should see it with the RTT on there as well ;)

IMG_4169.jpg

We've got the best part of a month of living in this (Me, Wife and 2yr old daughter) so it has to be comfy :) We head off around the 20th September and back 17th of October.

Cheers
Steve

Modeler

W1DCS
Looks great!

I got the final coats of paint on my Bserk bumper and carrier today. Going to let it cure for two weeks then install it Labor Day weekend.

Installed sPod switch panel and source. The quality and fit of the sPod is amazing. Install is easy following the supplied instructions.

Re-wired CB and GPS to the sPod.

Mounted a pair of Rigid Dully LED flood lights on the AEV rear carrier mast. The Dually LEDs are crazy bright with no hot spots. 2600 Lumens using only 28 watts of power.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313931688.898814.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313931688.898814.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 63
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313931909.886462.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313931909.886462.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 61

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger