what do u guys think of this project?

REDROVER

Explorer
i sold my classic range rover the red diesel one . and i got myself a practically brand new condition 1990 classic , witch i plan to keep it just the way it is ,
but i am looking to start a new project witch will be on D1 or D2 i have not decided yet , the truck in the picture looks sweet d1 prices and d2 are almost the same , i feel more confy with the d1, but d2 looks longer is that right ?

also i am thinking of building front wind shield with the hinges like the defender ,so i can bring it down , it should be possible i think
should i do D1 or D2 ?

hard top PICK UP truck full soft top ? or half soft top?

they will all look good its just hard to choose ,

tnx

Eric

Attachments

• 10905_10151463260521830_375234880_n.jpg
    10905_10151463260521830_375234880_n.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 59
  • get-attachment.aspdhs.jpg
    get-attachment.aspdhs.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I'll sell you my D2 cheap... it's already got the roof cut off. I'm buying another to swap all my parts to. If you do plan to do this, buy one that has a ****ed up roof.. I'll sell you mine CHEAP once I take the goodies off.

REDROVER

Explorer
Buy a Defender.

i did buy a defender last year from Belgium my brother is restoring it slowly , i got into problems with him over that car ,

d1 or d2 is noting less than defender i think . and it will cost a lot cheaper . i think the whole point of the project is to build a very cool expedition /safari truck with minimum investment

we already know defender is sweet ride :)

REDROVER

Explorer
Cool Idea, even though I don't quite get the benefit of the hinged windshield

have u been on a Polaris quad ? or any other quad ? if u do or did then u will understand how much more fun it is to offroad without the front glass in between u and the nature ,

or try on ur p38 take ur head out and feel the road see how u feel,

frank84

Observer
I like it!

Here's a Classic that I think looks good. But I'm not sure if top was ever made.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 32
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 31

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998