what do you think???????

leewhite100

Hey everyone i have decided to jump in and be judged. i have been browsing this forum for a while and i am hoping for some feed back and some good ideas as i am looking at taking a trip from vancouver to st John's

I brought my 1991 Toyota pickup last year and have been doing some modification since then. Firstly i decided to ditch the standard pickup box and opted for a more usefull and versatile product which was an Oztray. I felt like i need all the flat deck space i could get, and I had a tool draw as a optional extra and a rear rack aswell.

Then i decided to ditch the spagetti bumber it had on there, and made my own for a few reasons.
1. it would'nt have lasted five minutes off road.
2. it was to low and the winch was always hitting the ground
3. it was to far foward

Then i ditched the towing hitch and bumber that was on the for the same reasons as the front and i put some eyes on the new rear bumber which the old one didn't have.

I then decided some more storage would be usefull for gas, rachet straps ropes etc etc you get the picture. So because i put the Oztray on i could attach new tool boxes on the underside of it and still have all the deck space free for the day to day things. Then i made a rack to bolt on and off (if i choose) onto the head board to utilize the space over the cab and made another tool box for this to put my chainsaw and tarps and such in, I am also able to put my spare tire up there aswell for more clearence at the rear.

i am looking at putting some water containers in front of the rear wheels on each side and put a false floor on the deck to store food and such underneath, and then cover the whole Oztray with a canvass canopy so i can sleep in it aswell.

so what do you all think????????

Cheers Lee

Attachments

• ep2.jpg
    ep2.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 177
  • ep5.jpg
    ep5.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 103
  • ep9.jpg
    ep9.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 85
  • ep15.jpg
    ep15.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 88
  • ep16.jpg
    ep16.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 86
  • ep17.jpg
    ep17.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 91
  • ep18.jpg
    ep18.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 91
  • ep20.jpg
    ep20.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 102
  • ep22.jpg
    ep22.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 99
  • ep25.jpg
    ep25.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 150

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Having lived/worked in Australia where these were designed (and used them on my 70ser Ute), they ARE all they're cracked up to be. Sounds like alot of work you've got ahead of yourself, but I imagine the end result will be amazing. Nice truck, can't wait to see you build it.

Cheers

Dave

Edit: guess I should have gone all the way to the end of the PICS. that is NICE, absolutely beautiful mate!!!!

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
My first 4Runner was that same blue color. We called it Electric Blue....

That tray is pimpin'. Very nice!

leewhite100

more pics

Hey thanks everyone for the compliments, i really appreciate them, here's some more pics for you to look at.

have any of you got any good ideas which i could do to make improvements?????

Attachments

• ep4.jpg
    ep4.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 48
  • ep6.jpg
    ep6.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 42
  • ep7.jpg
    ep7.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 39
  • ep8.jpg
    ep8.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 38
  • ep11.jpg
    ep11.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 38
  • ep23.jpg
    ep23.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
have any of you got any good ideas which i could do to make improvements?????

Get rid of the chrome:p

I can't come up with anything at the moment. That is really nice. I want to see it complete and with the canvas top on it. Keep us posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears