What do you use to make fruit smoothies while on the road?

magentawave

Adventurer
Is anyone making fruit smoothies on the road? At home I use your typical AC Osterizer blender but its an energy hog so I'm hoping to find a cordless tool to save energy. I tried a manual hand cranking blender by GSI but the "smoothies" it produces should be called roughies. Do cordless/rechargeable stick blenders work as well as regular blenders for making smoothies? And how about a dual purpose tool like something I could use with my cordless drill motor to make smoothies?

Thanks!

java

Expedition Leader
Ive played with the hand crank ones that clamp to a table. Seems like they would work well to me, the one I was playing with had a gear set that moved the blade very fast compared to handle speed. Havent tried the GSI one. Could you remove the handle and chuck your drill to it?

magentawave

Adventurer
That hand crank blender you clamp to a table is made by GSI. I guess for blended margaritas it would be okay but not good for smoothies. I returned it so wouldn't be able to test it with a drill motor. Good idea though.

Ive played with the hand crank ones that clamp to a table. Seems like they would work well to me, the one I was playing with had a gear set that moved the blade very fast compared to handle speed. Havent tried the GSI one. Could you remove the handle and chuck your drill to it?

What is OBA?

If you have OBA, a die grinder attached to the bottom of the blender might do the trick.

java

Expedition Leader
That hand crank blender you clamp to a table is made by GSI. I guess for blended margaritas it would be okay but not good for smoothies. I returned it so wouldn't be able to test it with a drill motor. Good idea though.

What is OBA?

Ah ok, Seems like it might be worth a try.

OBA= On Board Air

Cabrito

I come in Peace
We tried this setup with my jump pack and 1500 watt power inverter with no luck, but with the inverter hooked up to the truck battery with the truck running it works fine. Still looking for a better solution though.

SoCal_80

Explorer
Maybe I am just over simplifying things.....

jamba_juice-209948.jpg

magentawave

Adventurer
Hmmm, good idea. Thanks. They will have to be pretty good size mason jars but I'm going to try that. The more stuff I can dual purpose the better.

a quarter inch socket adapter in a cordless drill fits a blender base. the blender base screws onto mason jars. can't get much simpler than that and everyone can have their own jar.

The reviews for that blender are all over the map so if the cordless drill idea doesn't work the way I want then I'll see if I can buy one locally so I can return it if it doesn't do the job. Thank you.

http://www.amazon.com/Waring-TG15-Tailgater-Blender/dp/B00004UE1G

Waring makes a 12v blender which I have used for Margs before I think it will work for smoothies

TG Smith

Is it possible to pre-make them, freeze them in containers which then double as your ice? New to this so my $.02 may be worth much less than face value...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12