What have you done to your Land Cruiser Today?

DesertFZJ80

Observer
Installed some Quickfist clamps for the shovel and pick on my roof rack

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_4270.jpg

IMG_9439.jpg

Love how they came out! Really easy to install. The pick is a little heavy so I put two tie-wraps on it temporarily to keep it from sagging, might switch to something else besides the pick.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Okay.... So Late Saturday I thought it would be a good idea to replace the rusty bolts rhat secure the snorkel to the windshield pillar, with some stainless hardware..... it should only take a couple of minotes, right? WRONG!! Both bolt heads snapped off! So I had ro remove the snorkel so I could extract the bolt shafts. That was going well until the "easy -out" snapped off inside one of the drilled out bolts. So I just drilled out the other one and tapped new threads. The one with the hardened steel center (easy out) heated up enough trying to drill it out that it made the plastic soft enough that i was able to remove the entire bolt anchor and install a new one. So in summary; 2 and a couple of minutes bolts turned into quite a few hours of cursing. in the end i busted a lot of rust, repainted a couple of brackets, taught myself how to remove and install a safari snorkel and had some quality bonding time with my vehicle.

Oh and I also repaired and reinstalled the passenger side storage box/sleeping platform. Photos to follow.

98 SNAKE EATER

Adventurer
Finished up some welding on my new roof rack build and test fitted a few lights :)

lightsmountedteasershotz1.jpg

lightsmountedteasershotz2.jpg

lightsmountedteasershotz3.jpg

lightsmountedteasershotz4.jpg

lightsmountedteasershotz5.jpg

lightsmountedteasershotz6.jpg

newHIDspotzteaser2.jpg

Gunna do one last test fit either today or tomorrow to mark the mounting points for the limb risers and once those are welded in, it's off to the spray booth for bed liner :cool:

jdlobb

Adventurer
Figured out how to work the damn nav system. I'd say that was a pretty substantial accomplishment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman