What i would build if $$ was no object

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Alrighty ladies and gentleman so I was bored and started thinking "if $$ was no object what kind of vehicle would I build that no one has.....?"

Now you will have to use your imagination on this one because its crazy and would cost Mega $$ to build. Here's what I was envisioning.

2004 GMC Envoy XUV SLT (Its the one with a midgate and retractable roof

Remove the factory suspension and engine

Install a LS3 (for power),appropriate tranny, and transfer case ( think Atlas twin stick)

Install a front and rear SAS on coils and something like 33 inch tall tires that could flex, oh and lockers too.

Add rock sliders, custom front and rear bumpers guards, full under body protection, winch and lights

I know its just BS-ing but I think it would a cool and functional vehicle LOL

Thoughts and opinions please. Like stated this is me being bored

Saiyan66

Adventurer
That certainly would be an interesting setup. What motor does the Envoy come with stock? I know that they had a 5.3V8 option in the Trailblazer for a while so maybe you could get one with that already in there?

delithic

Observer
Money being no object, I would think most people would aim a wee bit higher!

I agree. Envoy XUVs are barely in the 5 digit prices. Something along the lines of a knight xv would enter the mix with that kind of no object thinking. Although if the Envoy XUV suits your needs, more power to ya.

I would have to admit that the Envoy XUV is a wee bit uglier than an Pontiac Aztec.

Sean VHA #60013

Adventurer
I would build a Land Rover Forward Control with converted radio body to custom interior to rival a Sportsmobile complete with fridge & kitchen, water, powered with a Cummins 5.912v, dual custom 50g tanks, and appropriate Tranny, Atlas Transfer Case, custom drive shafts, Dana 60 front & 70 Rear axles converted to Portals, front & rear Warn 16000lb Winchs in Aluminess custom front & rear bumpers [swingouts on the rear for Tire, Jerry Cans, Hi-Lift, Shovel] tasteful exo cage with incorporated roof rack/basket, onboard air compressor, Ham Radio, full custom dash & instrument clusters, GPS, lap-top mount, 3-battery isolated electrical system with Platinum Group 31s, Solar for recharge, inverter & multiple outlets throughout, LED lighting where possible both interior & exterior, etc etc
:coffeedrink:

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
This thread needs more pictures....even if they are photoshop ones....

nemesisrigchop.jpg

This is what I would build with an open checkbook. After the last few years I think this is what I want. Rough idea.....

-JK 4-door converted to a long wheelbase 2-door with the some of the JK8 body kit parts
-Custom panel side hard top......basically just a simple hard top with a commercial or utilitarian look.
-2013 3.0 VM/Fiat Grand Cherokee diesel engine conversion
-W580 2012 automatic transmission
-Atlas 2-spd transfer case in the 3.0:1 version, twin stick cable shifters, all interlocks removed.
-2010+ Dodge Powerwagon axles front and rear
-Hutchinson wheels ( super high backspacing version from the H1 to bring the width down while using the truck axles )
-39.5-40" tire in a few different flavors depending on what I was going to be doing.
-simple and light micro camper setup in the rear cargo area
-3" suspension system with all the go-faster goodies
-J8 frame plate upgrades
-Long ranger aux fuel tank and/or Gen right rear fuel tank.
-etc
-etc

Big enough to sleep inside, small enough to do the 'wheeling I want. Basically my version of the perfect crossover vehicle....

Route55

Adventurer
WWII era DUKW (6X6 Amphibius Duck)

Repower with built 12 valve cummins motor and maybe Allison trans.

Regear axles for highway speed.

Gut interior and build living space area.

Think RV you can literally circle the world in!

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
Think:

1975 Dodge extended cab shortbed 4x4 dually with a 440, 4-speed, dual D70s, cab and frame fuel tanks, enough lift for 35s, and a 'camping' outfit service body. Paint would be the green / white two-tone of that year's Adventurer model, black and white interior.

Not a fancy truck, but a good one. I had the beginnings of this truck once.
LF_W200_Service.jpg

Last edited:

lstzephyr

wanderer
For me it would be a regular cab earthroamer or gxv turtle. I might pick a sportsmobile or even a sailboat. The biggest difference would be that I would give away my toolbox and make other people build and fix the thing.

1.jpg

Actually who am I kidding, if money was no object I would simply get on my bike and be gone for a long time.

Last edited:

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Metcalf, I really like your Jeep idea. Although it would be cheaper and easier to go with some Jeep width 1 ton axles instead of retrofitting the powerwagon ones. Just my $.02 I think your idea is completely feasible even for someone on a budget.

To those who think that the O.P. should aim a little higher, who are you to tell him so? Some people don't have a use for $200,000 trucks. I think his idea is original and would produce a very functional and unique vehicle. He was asking for your opinions and feedback on his vehicle concept and this thread turned into "well this is what I would build with no budget".

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
earth roamer a icon have someone fabricate the new jeep forward control :) a mog a few volvo c303 and c304 in many forms bring in some cool OZ toyotas and not care what it cost to bring them in :)
I would have the ones that are not new built by top notch people while I am out having fun driving the other ones and traveling
I am sure I would have many more to the collection and a insane road collection :)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
If money was not an object I would probably make Carlyle an offer he could not refuse. Have you seen his wicked Dodge with Alaskan pop-up? It is soooooooooo:Wow1:cool.:)

lstzephyr

wanderer
I hear 'ya. I do think you might buy a new one and retire your 650 to the garage while your gone.

Maybe. Maybe not, as I have always been pretty happy with my bike. I could kill a few grand on "upgrades" for it but somehow when I go to leave the machine just works. The journey is never about the machine but about the people along the way for me. I can guarantee the cute chick in Nicaragua wouldn't care if I was on an old honda or a new KTM. No one else would either, including me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears