What is the best motorcycle adventure that you've had?

MTVR

For us, I would have to say that the Isle Of Man TT was the best. It is absolute motorcycle Mecca. If you have any interest in motorcycles at all, I wish to encourage you to put down $500 on your accommodations for the 2022 TT today, and just go.

If anyone wants information on how to do the TT, we'd be happy to help- we were there for practice week and race week, rode the course at triple-digit speeds on our big-bore rental Ducati, tried out most of the truly iconic viewing locations, did the VIP thing, visited many pubs, took thousands of pics and GoPro videos, and made numerous friends while we were there... :)

Last edited:

jadmt

ignore button user
I started motorcycling in the early 70’s and did my first trip to sturgis in 1975 as a 16 year old and first trip from Montana to Mexico in 1977 at 18 with another 18 year old buddy. We both were on Honda 750’s. Back in the days of no cell phones or credit cards etc. just a couple hicks with 3 months off after high school. We did not even carry a tent just sleeping bags and a tarp. 750,000 miles later and more motorcycles than i care to count hard to just pick a single adventure. I do Know it would include a sleeping bag.

MtnRider2

I'll make it to the Isle in the near future. For me, a five week ride from Northern CA to Prudhoe Bay and back covering just over 10K miles was rather enjoyable. Another was Santiago, Chile to Tierra del Fuego and back.

Both trips had their share of "excitement" or shall I say issues but both amazing. If interested I posted a bit on Instagram @WeExplore2

My riding buddy who went on these trips flew his bike to Europe twice and rode there. We're looking at Morocco possibly next year as a fly and ride.

jkam

nomadic man
I spent 4 years living on a motorcycle, 38 countries total.
That was quite the adventure.
Came back to the US and got another bike and did 3 more years before getting tired of being on a bike all the time.
Now, I use my little 250 Super Sherpa for getting things done while I live full time in my RV.
So almost everyday can be an adventure.

shade

Just go, man. We waited 15 years, and our only regret is...that we waited 15 years...
That's pretty much where I am while first bike shopping.
Better to do it now than to wait another year or ten.

WOODY2

Adventurer
Couple of years ago did an IBA sanctioned Bun Burner Gold run, 1530 miles in 23 hrs 15 minutes. A blur to be sure but it was an adventure.

MTVR

That's pretty much where I am while first bike shopping.
Better to do it now than to wait another year or ten.

You're shopping for a first motorcycle while planning a trip to the Isle Of Man for the TT?

Last edited:

MTVR

The word "fun" does not begin to describe the TT. It is literal motorcycle Mecca- if you have any interest at all in motorcycling, go to the TT.

There is no amount of fat, drunk, stupid, impotent, costumed senior citizens trailering their asthmatic underpowered morbidly obese chrome and and pleather encrusted two-wheeled whoopie cushions to South Dakota, that will ever be a true motorcycling experience like the TT.

shade

The word "fun" does not begin to describe the TT. It is literal motorcycle Mecca- if you have any interest at all in motorcycling, go to the TT.

There is no amount of fat, drunk, stupid, impotent, costumed senior citizens trailering their asthmatic underpowered morbidly obese chrome and and pleather encrusted two-wheeled whoopie cushions to South Dakota, that will ever be a true motorcycling experience like the TT.
I've been to ... that place. Best we not speak of it. The same goes for NASCAR. [shudder]

I've watched the TT, and I'd surely like to go. Otoh, I hate crowds, so much like F1, that's one reason I'll probably never see the TT in person.

Last edited:

MTVR

I've been to ... that place. Best we not speak of it. The same goes for NASCAR. [shudder]

I've watched the TT, and I'd surely like to go. Otoh, I hate crowds, so much like F1, that's one reason I'll probably never see the TT in person.

During practice week, there are few crowds, especially if you stay out of Douglas. We rented a luxury cottage in Peel, and it was nice and quiet.

During race week, more and more people arrive on island- by the time of the Senior TT race on Friday, there are LOTS of people. But there are PLENTY of pubs that offer a medicinal product made in Dublin Ireland, that helps to alleviate any social anxieties...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan