What is this FG worth?

dvofg

I just bought a 2001 fg automatic with flatbed dump....The problem is it needs a new transmission...I think I got a pretty good deal..even though its a little beat .It is 1k miles away so I have never seen it with my own eyes ...I started to shop around for someone to fix it for me...I found a shop that was familiar with them and they offered me 6k for it. which is twice what I paid....What to do??

kerry

Expedition Leader
How many miles? In what part of the country did it live? Some FG's have significant rust issues from having served as plow trucks in salt country. Is the body in good shape? Interior? Short wheelbase or long?

dvofg

It was from jacksonville Flor ....with that being said it does look like it has some rust on it...It has a 14ft dump so Im pretty sure its the long bed...Interior looks pretty beat up...The owner said he spent $6500 on a new engine 2-3 yrs ago......Thats pretty much what I know 123k on the truck

Last edited:

Chuckles!

Observer
I saw this on the St. Augustine craigslist, you beat me to it :coffee:

I wanted to convert it to a manual transmission, personally.

biggoolies

Adventurer
what worth

It must have been ridden hard to require a new engine and now a new tranny considering it only has 123k. IMHO

dvofg

Did some research and found out it was used on the beach to pick up garbage....They said they got the truck stuck in the sand and burnt the tranny.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998