What is your favorite camping gear?

dms1

Explorer
Engle 45 Qt Fridge, Exped Megamat, princeton tec eos headlamp, Grizzly Spit Rotisserie, THE PETTGO ANYWHERE PORTABLE TOILET

balexander87

Observer
My favorite is our chuck box. Having all the stuff in one place makes it easy to pack and a way to resist the gradual decline into disorder that usually happens when out stuff is stored in many smaller boxes makes the whole trip more enjoyable.

452c89fb0bf8ae6b076cfaa4375716bc.jpg

kam

Observer
@dms1's

Nice, Exped Megamat caught my interest. Thanks for that. Is it comfy?

@Balexander87

nice, looks tidy!

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
For quickie weekenders; 9x9 6 foot inside height dome tent (the current one is a Eureka), Coleman spring suspension cot with thick foam pad, large Svensaw - for trimming dead wood, comfortable no name chairs.... toilet paper & G.I trifold e-tool for cat holes (guessing our Thetford porta-potti will make the list next trip)... LED tent lighting (35 AH deep discharge battery & 80 watt inverter with standard 120 volt 450-470 LED lumen bulb), tarp or canopy for shade/rain protection, 10 & 20 liter Specter water containers.
Enjoy!

photogdave

Adventurer
Portable power pack similar to this one:

pack.jpg

I use it to string up lights in the van, power a small iPod stereo system, charge batteries, run a 12V fan, jump-start people's cars.
While many people have a dual battery system in their rigs, I like this solution because there are no permanent modifications or wiring to be done and I can remove it from the vehicle at any time for other uses. You can charge it while driving via the 12V outlet as well, although it doesn't charge as fast as from 120V (Obviously!)
I've had it nearly 10 years and replaced the original internal lead acid battery with a higher amp hour one.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Our favorite camping gear is our 10ft scamper pop up full of coleman gear. Coleman is awesome as its quality stuff at an awesome price that's available pretty well anywhere here.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Our Camp Chef stove is likely my favorite single piece of equipment because it is so versatile, after that it would be the DreamTime XL sleeping pads.

poriggity

Explorer
My cadac grille, and my microstart xp10 are probably my two favorite peice of camping gear.

56665ff99c5a03ba927e6bf68ed1dbd0.jpg

9c434061b523828a87cc820ccc529007.jpg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

grogie

Like to Camp
My favorite one item that unfortunately I haven't used as much as I like is an Eno DoubleNest hammock. Talk about comfort for you and your lady...

tPcKYk.jpg

dms1

Explorer
@dms1's

Nice, Exped Megamat caught my interest. Thanks for that. Is it comfy?

@Balexander87

nice, looks tidy!

I love my megamat, I have had mine for about 7 years and my wife converted from a cot to the megamat about 5 years ago after sleeping on mine once.

siebermd

Adventurer
Cool video. My favorite piece of camping kit for solo outings is the Teton Sports, Outfitter XXL Quick cot tent. The tent itself is compact, light weight and perfect for one person (Ultra fast setup). The cot is magnificent, however its only short fall is its folded size (quite big). It really is an amazing piece of gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998