What size of propane bottle...

harv3589

Adventurer
I'm wondering what size of propane bottle to put on my trailer...11lb or should I put a full size 20lb bottle?

Most of our camping will be 4 or 5 days with maybe one trip a year longer, up to a couple of weeks.

Suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

Xrunner

Explorer
20 pounders are readable available and easy to swap out at a lot of stores instead of filling.

That being said I like the smaller size of 11 pounders, and personally carry an 11# (tall non-pancake) on my trailer. I also have a backup green 1# and bulk adapter just in case.

dusty122

Adventurer
im running a 5lb one on my trailer. its just running my 2 burner stove and oven. We just got back from a 2 week road trip of and using twice a day and still didnt manage to empty it. I keep one of the coleman bottles as a backup just in case.

harv3589

Adventurer
im running a 5lb one on my trailer. its just running my 2 burner stove and oven. We just got back from a 2 week road trip of and using twice a day and still didnt manage to empty it. I keep one of the coleman bottles as a backup just in case.

Think that is what I will do...cut down some weight not having the heavy 20lb tank on there...

Thanks everyone!

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
I carry the 11's as well....3 actually.

I like to satellite them around the campsite. I like to use one for the L5 shower...one with a propane tree that'll do grill and light....one for the Camp Chef fire ring...one dedicated to the 3 burner cooking stove.

I use to carry one 20, but it was a pain in the *** hooking it to seperate appliances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears