What wheels are these? Help please

njtacoma

Explorer
Wheel Help

They are a 16" wheel, maybe only 7" I'm not sure.

The TRD Wheel I am familiar with is the Ivan Stewart, but those have "rivets" at the end of the spokes, and are a different spoke.

I really like them, but if they are that rare, I probably can't afford them...

-Neil

RU55ELL

Explorer
They are a 16" wheel, maybe only 7" I'm not sure.

The TRD Wheel I am familiar with is the Ivan Stewart, but those have "rivets" at the end of the spokes, and are a different spoke.

I really like them, but if they are that rare, I probably can't afford them...

-Neil

Those must have been what I was thinking of.

valkyrie

Adventurer
Just a plain old Toyota wheel, factory not port (you can tell by the sombrero- port wheels spell out Toyota).

njtacoma

Explorer
Which one?

I didn't know that about the Port/Toyota wheel thing, interesting.

I was thinking of emailing you guys with this question, but didn't want to waste your time. Do you have any idea on a part number for these, or specs of any kind. Its my understanding the part # is on the back, but because they aren't on my truck I have no way of knowing.

IF you should happen to find any info I would appreciate it, but again knowing shipping costs, etc I probably can't afford them from Texas.

Thanks again for the interesting info on port stuff.:)

-Neil

valkyrie

Adventurer
I'll look it up tomorrow at work (if I remember :D). I promise you they will be more expensive than a better looking aftermarket wheel, but you should check local wrecking yards and wheel/tire suppliers. Used wheels are a pretty big market.

You don't have to deal with that port stuff in Colorado because you're a TMS (Toyota) region. Here in the south we have 2 of the remaining US distributorships to deal with: GST & SET. Toyota doesn't let them use the logo on their parts because they aren't 'genuine' Toyota parts, so you'll see center caps & stuff with the word Toyota. That's the tip-off.

Sometimes (not often), it may actually be the same part from the same manufacturer that supplies Toyota, but because it wasn't sourced through Toyota it cannot carry the sombrero.

njtacoma

Explorer
Any other info

Bueller, bueller, anyone?

Did I mention I can't even find another picture of these wheels on the all powerful google?

Thanks,
-Neil

valkyrie

Adventurer
Neil, I didn't forget about you. I wasn't able to definitively identify them in our EPC, the pictures provided are rudimentary drawings. I looked through T100, Tundra, 4Runner & Tacoma wheels. I have a hunch, but nothing concrete enough to order, sorry. If you know where the truck is, maybe you can ask the owner if you can peek on the inside for a part number? If his spare is the same, it might be the easiest to see.

My hunch? 42611-60170 (Type M), which has since superseded to 42611-60150 (Type H), which has been discontinued. There show to be 2 of the 150's in dealer stock in the US, one at Johnson Toyota in MS and one at Puente Hills Toyota in CA.

Maybe you can con someone at one of those dealerships to photograph one for you to make sure and then begin your junkyard hunt.

List is north of $400. :eek:

njtacoma

Explorer
Thanks for your efforts

Wow $400.00!

Thank you for your efforts I will hang on to the part#'s and see if I can track down the owner.

Again thanks for the effort and info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears