What year doors had the super duty mirrors on them and will they cross over?

Jb1rd

Explorer
I have it narrowed down to an E series and most of them have the crappy car mirrors or the gaudy school bus looking mirrors, can you swap out mirrors or will I need all new doors? I know its a bit of cart before the horse but trying to put together a budget and plan. I did see that you can definitely upgrade to the 08+ front end without a lot of hassle but was wondering Chris how this would effect using one of your bumpers??? I found a rear end totaled 09 and can get the front clip for a pretty good price but I am more inclined to have the bumper if I can't have both.

Attachments

• mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 124
  • mirrors.JPG
    mirrors.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 17

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Mine's a 2007 and they swapped right on. Scoutkid's is an early 2000's and he swapped them on as well. I don't think the doors ever really changed.

nely

Adventurer
My vans is a 1997. The e-series tow mirrors didn't just bolt right on to my van. I had to drill some extra holes. But it's doable.

I don't think the Super Duty truck mirrors bolt on. They have a little different contour where they attach to the truck.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
I can confirm that the truck mirrors are VERY different than the van mirrors. As in, not even remotely close to fitting.

Jakey

2003 was the first year for the Twin Arm Superduty style mirrors, base mirrors were changed to a flag style. 2003 was also the year that received the updated grille.
They SD style mirrors do not directly bolt on to 2002 and older vans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78