What year

Dave Legacy

Adventurer
My 2003 was at 115K and hadn't had a HG or Oil Pump Failure yet, but I swear it was probably only a week away. My block seeped coolant from absolutely everywhere! Keeping that coolant system healthy is top priority on any Rover. Change out the coolant regularly.

matt parkes

When the head gaskets go on these things is it common to have to do more than just replace the gasket?
There is a 2003 for sale cheap in my area that says it needs a head gasket. Not sure if that really means it needs an engine rebuilt or not though.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Haha maybe not the best thread to ask in as it's 2 years old, but yes, there are plenty of things you can/should replace when doing the HGs.

matt parkes

Man, I'm an idiot. Just googled it and up came this thread. Never bothered to check the date.:oops:
I have a Classic now but have always wanted a Disco as well. Just wondering if it is better to buy a cheap one that has this issue or buy a more expensive one that doesn't have this issue. yet.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
The problem with buying one that already has the issue is that you don't know how long the person has been running it like that, and it could have overheated several times and has become warped. Machining the heads can fix that to an extent, but not always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior