whats a good price for a 2001 tacoma x-cab prerunner?

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
my buddy got an offer of $8300 and thought that it was too low

KBB says 10500.00...

what says you? he needs to sell soon.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
A thing is only worth what someone will pay for it.

IOW I'd say until your buddy gets a higher offer his truck is "worth" $8300.

There are lots of factors that have to be considered, not only the ones already mentioned but also things like what is the economic condition of the area where he's located? (If people have low incomes they're not going to pay top dollar) and How desperate is he to sell? What is the market in his area for a pre-runner vs a 4wd (I can tell you around here a pre-runner would get minimal $$ because it's pretty much useless in snow.)

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Martinjmpr said:
A thing is only worth what someone will pay for it.

IOW I'd say until your buddy gets a higher offer his truck is "worth" $8300.

There are lots of factors that have to be considered, not only the ones already mentioned but also things like what is the economic condition of the area where he's located? (If people have low incomes they're not going to pay top dollar) and How desperate is he to sell? What is the market in his area for a pre-runner vs a 4wd (I can tell you around here a pre-runner would get minimal $$ because it's pretty much useless in snow.)

right..agreed. I'm thinking not taking the offer he had, was a mistake, but we'll see.

I'll probably advise him to drop his price due to the fact that the prerunner isn't highly regarded by most offroaders, which cuts out a huge market.

4RunAmok

Explorer
Actually I'd venture to say that the Prerunner market is larger than the 4x4 market, Toyota has sold a ton of the prerunners to those that want to LOOK like they offroad to those who have no clue. Cheaper than the 4x4 version too.

4x4 is worth more and could get more money from someone looking for one, but there are probably more prerunner buyers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan