What's it worth?

Inc

Observer
Hello everyone!

I need some help. I have a 1998 3rd Gen 4Runner I want to sell but I have no idea what it is really worth.
205k miles
3.4 V6
Auto
4.88 gears
Front - open diff
Rear - Detroit - Trail-Gear built third
1" body lift
3" lift front, 2" rear
Toytec coilovers in the front
OME coils in the back, with Bilsteins 5100
Custom rock sliders
Bluetooth Pioneer head unit
33" Toyo Open Country ATs
Custom rear tool drawer system with lay flat conversion
3 piece skid plates
Rear hitch is removed, but I have it
Steering column slip-joint has been welded up
New radiator installed at 175K
AC is cold
Driver side passenger door was dented by hit and run (nothing terrible)
Some Nevada pin striping
Fairly clean interior

I don't have any photos handy, but I will update ASAP with pics.

What do you guys and gals think she is worth?

beef tits

$5k-$6k tops with the damage and wheel nonsense you have going on. Spray painted OEM wheels always look janky/juvenile to me, also the tires are too big, are you running wheel spacers? Stock wheels/no spacers/more reasonably sized tires would increase the value. Put back the wheel liners.

These trucks are worth considerably more if clean and STOCK. Clean samples, regardless of mileage, ALWAYS sell for more. This truck screams "inexpensive off-road build" which isn't gaining you any value. Put it back to stock if you want more money.

Inc

Observer
$5k-$6k tops with the damage and wheel nonsense you have going on. Spray painted OEM wheels always look janky/juvenile to me, also the tires are too big, are you running wheel spacers? Stock wheels/no spacers/more reasonably sized tires would increase the value. Put back the wheel liners.

These trucks are worth considerably more if clean and STOCK. Clean samples, regardless of mileage, ALWAYS sell for more. This truck screams "inexpensive off-road build" which isn't gaining you any value. Put it back to stock if you want more money.
Going back to stock isn’t an option. Thanks for your assessment.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
$4-6K here in Texas and only more towards the high end if cleaned up and if it didn't have the door damage. If it had less miles and were a higher trim model with more options it'd bring more. The lower gears and lift will be meaningless to 98% of buyers unfortunately so my suggestion is to wait for a niche buyer who wants it specifically for off-road, it should have more value to that buyer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger