What's more rugged: iPhone with a case or Casio G'zone Commando?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Wife wants a smartphone for her birthday (next month) and my old Casio G'Zone Brigade is getting a little long in the tooth, plus my speaker quit working so I'm thinking we'll both upgrade (we're with Verizon.) But I'm a bit torn.

On the one hand, I want/need a rugged phone (that's why my last 2 have been Casio G'zOne waterproof/shockproof phones) but I am wondering whether the water/shockproof nature of the Casio could be imitated more or less by a heavy duty case for an iPhone. All things being equal I think I'd prefer an iPhone (4s) just for its "universality" but if the Casio would be more rugged and less prone to getting damaged, that could give it the nod.

Any other reasons to prefer an Android-based vs Apple based smartphone? Again we're talking about the 3g Casio Gzone Commando vs. the iPhone 4s.

Thanks in advance!

Expedition Leader
I have no complaints with my iPhone, and I would suggest the LifeProof case.

+1

I have tried several iphone cases including Otterbox, and the LifeProof is by FAR the best of the lot. It's the only one I know of that's waterproof. Even if your phone is never in danger of being submerged, the Lifeproof case still keeps all the dust and lint out. Highly recommended. http://www.lifeproof.com/en/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears