$wheel Camper access steps?

XJINTX

Explorer
Ecomike that is a nice job! I thank all for the great suggestions. I hate to but i think ill wait until i get it and have my wife decide

BGuerin

Scissor Steps

I just installed the Torklift Glow Scissor Steps, wish I hadn't waited so long. I got the four step model for my FWC on a 2500 Ram. Very safe and stable.

Freebird

Adventurer
My (new to me) PU bed is 49 inches. I explored every option I found on the Internet for my specific camper, and tried adapting bumpers n steps from any/all sources. All options were too short/wide/narrow/etc.
I finally gave up and ordered the 6 step scissor steps (Glow Steps), and when I received them, the instructions stated something to the effect of "Do not use on Northern Lite campers without a rear bumper".... Which is exactly what I was going to mount then on.
I mounted them anyway, but will support some of the weight from underneath so all that weight will not be swinging free during travel like my four step setup on my Alaskan Camper.
Both my wife and I are happy with them. They are MUCH sturdier than the 4 or 5 step other brands that I had experience with.
That doubling on the side supports really does make a huge difference!
I would heartily reccommend them.

XJINTX

Explorer
Thanks for all the input and I think I'm going with last but not least the Glow Steps :) Need to wait to order as I will need measurements.

If anyone reads this... I have a ford F250 with the backup camera in the tailgate. Since I remove the tailgate when Trailer is mounted I lose it. Has anyone had this issue and replaced it? I am sure I can get an aftermarket but don't want to have to remove the stock connector if at all possible. Any help appreciated!!!!

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
I have a Tacoma with the camera in the tailgate and I just relocated the camera to the rear bumper. On my Taco I was able to get the wiring harness out of the tailgate and just used that without modification, so it can be put back in the tailgate if necessary. You may be able to do the same thing with your Ford, everything is pretty modular these days.

XJINTX

Explorer
STOKED!!!! Had my Hawk installed and picked it up today... can't wait to finish outfitting it and hitting the trail :)

PhillipButtolph

Ah...AC...I assume that was your installation and not FWC's? I ask because I did not see it on the options list...

My basic training was in Texas...100 degrees and 100 % ...at mid-night! Do love that country though...

Thanks..

Phil

BGuerin

I just installed the Torklift Glow Steps on my 2015 Hawk, this is the best improvement I've made, shouldn't have waited as long as I did! Extremely well made and very safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12