Wheels: 17" Tundra 5-lug Rock Warrior wheels (Reno, NV)

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
For Sale: 2007-Up Tundra 17" 5-lug TRD Forged Aluminum Rock Warrior wheels, 17x8"

SOLD

$400 OBO.

Located in Reno, NV

These wheels are very light, and 17" so you have more tire and less wheel. I think they look great too.

Wheels have new, high-pressure metal valve stems (no TPMS) that I had installed. No lugs nuts, they didn't come with any. This set was missing at least one center cap rear wire retainer, but I took one from another set, so you have four OE spring wires for the rear of the caps.

These are good, clean users though not perfect, with the typical nicks and/or scratches from regular use, but no "rock rash" (see pictures). They still had the original wheel weights when I purchased them, shown in the picture of the inside of the wheel. I used these very briefly, purchased only last month, I'm selling because I now have too many sets of wheels.

Full Disclosure FYI

Having now owned a few sets of these Rock Warrior TRD 17" Tundra wheels I've learned the following:

If the fake beadlock outer rings are run for any amount of time (like several thousand miles), when the rings are removed there will be lots of debris & grime underneath, along with staining and/or minor powder coat damage that is unsightly if you leave the rings OFF. It's difficult to clean, I've tired with soap and wax/polish. They look better after a good clean-up, but not perfect/new unless the rings were never run. If you like the rings ON as they are designed to be used, and they do look sharp with the rings ON, this doesn't matter.

I mention this because two of the used RW 17" sets I've purchased have been like this, and the new "take-off" sets [that I paid much more for] were not like this. I prefer to leave the rings off so this matters to me, but doesn't to many who like the beadlock look of the outer ring. (Heck, cleaning them up and adding refitting the rings today I had to think twice about not running the rings, they look very sharp with the outer stainless rings ON.)

Thanks,

James

Edit: I just cleaned up the wheels, and even used some Flitz metal polish on one rim (behind the ring) which seemed to help take off some additional grime. I also took new pictures (below) with the beadlock rings ON and OFF.

IMG_2567.JPG

Cleaned up and ready.

IMG_1408.JPG

Inside of wheel

IMG_1420.JPG

Center cap hole edge marks

IMG_2568.jpg

Minor scratch near center of one wheel.

IMG_2560 - Version 2.jpg

Rings OFF, #1 & 2

IMG_2561.JPG

Rings OFF #3 & 4

Attachments

• IMG_1414.JPG
    IMG_1414.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_1435.JPG
    IMG_1435.JPG
    335.6 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_1437.JPG
    IMG_1437.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

FireGuy

Adventurer
Are you willing to ship to Vegas or planning a trip anytime soon south? Maybe I could meet you?

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
SOLD

Thanks for the interest everyone. I could have sold this set a few times over, good price I guess.

Sold

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998