Where are the actual High-Def In-Car Camera Systems?

lysol

Explorer
I see a whole bunch of Chinese crap all over Amazon and elsewhere that advertise high-def cameras for backup purposes and whatnot. I'm trying to find a good multiple camera system that is truly high def (not grainy). I want to mount a monitor in the cab and have enough resolution to replace the rear-view camera if I wanted to. I mean... my old iPhone 3GS camera/screen from years ago now sitting in a box somewhere looks better than most of the crap out there being sold today.

Last edited:

Wolvee

Adventurer
I don't think you're really going to find it. After you find the resolution camera you want to use, then making sure you have enough light should be the next important thing. Even a good camera with bad lighting will be terrible.

(Also, everything is Asian these days.)

Using a phone might not be the best choice since you'll either need wifi or have the phone activated. Iphones don't have a radio to capture a radio wireless signal and those are pretty much all not the quality you're saying you want. The best quality cameras will either be hardwired or digital over a network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears