Where can I find a cap to make my ford van a high top?

Heloflyboy

Adventurer
I have been looking for a conversion top,but have not had much luck locating any. I am looking for options.
Thanks

Accrete

Explorer
Like K9 posted....Yes on fiberine.
We have the 24" bubble top on our std chevy awd and it is a high quality item. No issues. Would do it again for sure.
TGL_2010-12-31-dunes.jpg

Last edited:

southpier

Expedition Leader
great sources for full length tops.

but has anyone a picture of a partial high top? the area over the cab seems to be used for storage, and that's where I could see a short rack on the roof.

not a pop-up or the kombi on the schoolbus caricature, but a real half top.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
[IMG [/IMG]

Dont know style name but this my tv top

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

thedjjack

Dream it build it
I took mine off a Dodge Van and cut it down to fit on a Mistu-Delica Van (re-glassed it and re-did the plywood structure inside).... The top I got had no structure once removed form the van. Mine was thin and light and once attached was strong... I would never put a person and gear on mine or I would build an internal frame to support said person and gear on top of the roof...

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
the plan for mine is to use the rain gutter mounts or do it exoskeleton style.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

southpier

Expedition Leader
...never put a person and gear on mine or I would build an internal frame to support said person and gear on top of the roof...

one of the websites I visited offered (by law) internal structure when the 24" model is installed on the passenger (vs cargo) vans. I don't think the tops are attached with much more than adhesive and a few self tapping screws. they also offer a liner kit to finish it off. I think it was the same shell shape just a couple of inches smaller in all directions.

Q: what happens to the van structure in terms of strength when the roof ribs are cut away? I've never seen longitudinal reinforcement added.

MikeCG

Adventurer
They come off used vans fairly easy. My parents wrecked a 1996 Chevy high top van. Hit another car at about 45mph. The top flew off and landed upside down in a field beside the road. They aside it looked like a boat sitting there. Lol. Thankfully, other then a few bruises everyone was fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998