Where did you mount your INVERTER XJ

AFSOC

Explorer
Mounted in the cargo area, passenger side. Mine is fairly small, 500 watts. How big is the inverter you are trying to mount? I have a 1200 watt in my Silverado that would pose a problem in an XJ...no room under the hood and 2 gauge wire runs are expensive and use up lots of space. I guess the issue is more that the carpet would no longer fit right, LOL.

Momrocks

Adventurer
You could mount it in the hollow area of your center console. Pull the tray out, run some 8ga to it and face outlets to the rear seat. The console is already vented (at least on the 97-01s) , but you could improve airflow if you went with a larger wattage inverter. Somewhere in the Tacoma threads is a trickass install where he disassembled the inverter and extended the wiring for the "on" switch and outlet. He mounted them in the center console tunnel. Looks really sharp and is a testiment to his craftsmanship.

Brett M

Adventurer
Momrocks said:
You could mount it in the hollow area of your center console. Pull the tray out, run some 8ga to it and face outlets to the rear seat. The console is already vented (at least on the 97-01s) , but you could improve airflow if you went with a larger wattage inverter. Somewhere in the Tacoma threads is a trickass install where he disassembled the inverter and extended the wiring for the "on" switch and outlet. He mounted them in the center console tunnel. Looks really sharp and is a testiment to his craftsmanship.

Are you referring to the area underneath the center console cubby area? On 96 and older that area is pretty much taken up by the heater ducts that go to the back seat area. That's what the vents are on older XJ's.......do the 97+ XJ's not do this anymore?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998