Where do you guys buy tires?

PacS14

Adventurer
I don't need it, I bought a set of used 18" wheels and they had one good tire, so that'll be my spare once I find another wheel or a different one with the same back spacing as the ones i got.

Doing_Dirt

Well last night I was looking into where to go, I almost went through 4wheelparts then I remembered I always wanted to try the threadwright tires, yes they are re-threads but they are a local company here in Houston and seem to have some good reviews and some not so great, their price was the lowest obviously, but more than anything I was intrigued by them being local to me and their good reviews, I'll update this thread and see how it goes, I ordered 4 LT AT Axiom, I'll try and have them mounted as soon as I get them. I'll let you guys know how they do. Specially long term that's what I'm wondering.View attachment 500076
This was my receipt for 4 new KO2's. But no warranty or anything, just a walk out the door deal. I'm sure tire size was a big factor also.

Attachments

• 20180315_130303.jpg
    20180315_130303.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16

PacS14

Adventurer
Yes size makes a big difference in price. I'm trying to see what else is out there, I have 33x10.5r15 KO2s in the Montero and have served me well, except for the 35x12.5r18 I was looking for they had those for $320+- per tire if I remember correctly, the pro comps came in close I almost bought them that's when it clicked that I said I wanted to try this re-threads at some point and we'll that was it, hopefully they won't disappoint.

Doing_Dirt

Yes size makes a big difference in price. I'm trying to see what else is out there, I have 33x10.5r15 KO2s in the Montero and have served me well, except for the 35x12.5r18 I was looking for they had those for $320+- per tire if I remember correctly, the pro comps came in close I almost bought them that's when it clicked that I said I wanted to try this re-threads at some point and we'll that was it, hopefully they won't disappoint.
I'm interested with your results. Keep us posted.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Taken from https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire/bf-goodrich/all-terrain-t-a-ko2, you are welcome,

All BFGoodrich® tires have a Standard Manufacturer's Limited Warranty, which covers defects in workmanship and materials for the life of the original usable tread, or for 6 years from date of purchase, whichever occurs first. See warranty for details.

Select All Terrain T/A KO2 tires carry a 50,000 mile limited warranty in addition to the standard materials and workmanship warranty for treadwear or mileage.

Doing_Dirt

Taken from https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire/bf-goodrich/all-terrain-t-a-ko2, you are welcome,

All BFGoodrich® tires have a Standard Manufacturer's Limited Warranty, which covers defects in workmanship and materials for the life of the original usable tread, or for 6 years from date of purchase, whichever occurs first. See warranty for details.

Select All Terrain T/A KO2 tires carry a 50,000 mile limited warranty in addition to the standard materials and workmanship warranty for treadwear or mileage.
Im sure these tires will out last my ride.

PA_JERO

Adventurer

Yes, manufacturers warranty is great, nothing against that. Let's be realistic about a few things though. Bfg will warranty a tire that they have taken back to there factory, inspect, and deem whether it is approved to warranty. If you take a 33" or 35" tire out off road and you are beating them up, they are not going to warranty the tire, they will consider it abuse. If you are driving down the road and run over something and dont realize you are losing are and your tire over heats and blows out, they will claim you were driving on a tire with low air. Usually when I lose a tire, I'm in an immediate need of a new one ASAP, I dont have time to wait on BFG to get my tire shipped back to them and then when they get around to it, shipping a new one back. That's how most manufacturer warranties work. For most people who are competent and check air regularly, balance, rotate and really dont do any serious off road, maybe a road hazard warranty from discount/America's tire is pointless, but there is always a what if factor. Yes, I pay a bit more using discount, but i also beat the crap out of my tires off road. When I shred a sidewall on a km2 (bfg is not nearly as strong these days as they used to be, in my opinion) I take my tire back and without hassle I repurchase a certificate (road hazard warranty) for about $35 on a 35" tire and walk out with a new tire. I have that exact same peace of mind when I travel anywhere in AZ or across state lines. It works for me though, everybody has there own way.or opinion.

Superduty

Adventurer
BFG warrants defects in workmanship. That is much different than a road hazard warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

tatanka48

purchasing stuff like tires & batteries makes me ask

where/how far will i need to go WHEN i have issues w/ this product

WallyWorld doesn't necessariy carry the top o' th' line batteries butt they are EVERYWHERE

Discount Tire's "certificates" and their general presence in my usual travel area sure make them quite appealing

¿ who will support the warranty/guarantee of the product you are investing your hard earned coins in WHEN they have issues ?

¿ could a failure of a purchased item endanger you a/o your family and cargo WHEN it fails ?

¿ again how far would you likely have to travel to resolve an issue ?

¿ will you have to pay for issues out of pocket and have to return/ship/mail an item back to wherever to get a refund/repacement ?

¿ how long will my family a/o my cargo be inconvenienced WHEN an issue raises it's crummy little head ?

guess i'll stick to WallyWorld for batteries and Discount Tire for tires

T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78