Where to find parts for 2008 F650GS?

lowenbrau

Explorer
My buddy and I found a cheap 08 that was dropped and needs some plastic bits and I'd rather not go to the dealer for them, especially if there are better/cheaper aftermarket solutions. Somebody give a newb a short list of where to go looking. Is there an online BMW wrecker out there?

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Cheap and BMW are never used in the same sentence.:sombrero:

Chicago BMW has the best pricing but you will wait.
EBay will have plastic from time to time.

lowenbrau

Explorer
I'm into Land Cruisers. I understand the not-cheap concept. The rig has 1200 miles on it and at first glance it looks like the cost of the bike and the parts to repair it (from the dealer) are going to add up to less than half the sticker price of a new one. I know there will probably be some surprises. I just don't want to run out and order a BMW saddle or fairing and then find out that all the cool kids are taking the factory pieces off in favor of a more functional aftermarket piece.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
He could probably post a WTB add on Adventure Rider and get some parts. Touratech also makes a lot of aftermarket items for the GSs....but TT isn't exactly giving the stuff away....

-H-

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Some things you can get away with aftermarket. Brake and clutch levers, mirrors, turn signals,Etc. Check FAQ on F650.com for other alternative to OEM BMW parts. I have saved some plastic with creative use of JB weld.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Bruce,

Locally contact: Anderwerks. They aren't the Canadian Touratech dealer anymore, but they probably still have a bunch of parts. Give them a call at least. They are off 32nd and Deerfoot (west side).

Pete

T.Low

Expedition Leader
my brother always shouts out motorcyclesuperstore.com and rockymountainatv.com whenever someone asks this question.

And I thought I saws your avatar show up on another big bike forum. Congrats.

lowenbrau

Explorer
Thanks for all the great advice, folks!

We dropped it into the garage on Friday and are developing a list of needed parts. Most are plastic as well as the bar, seat and one signal.

We'll document the resurrection here as it happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12