Where to get an M101 in (western) Canada?

Grimm

I'v been lurking here for a little while, and now that I'm finally ready to start building up an expadition trailer; I figured it was time to register.

I'v decided on an M101 as the base for my build, but for the life of me can't seem to track one down. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere I might be able to aquire one in Canada? (preferably in the west as I'm located in Alberta). I do know of one military surplus vehicle dealer in northern Saskatchewan, but he has no Internet presence or yellow page listing even; I have a friend in the area trying to track down contact info for me.

Anyone have any ideas? I would prefer not having to import from the states.

Thanks
Doug

Slopoktj

NooB
the closest place i have found is in barrie, ON and they have the 416's not the 101's... i'm looking for one also, or im thinking about building one. sorry to dig this old post up, just found it...

Dools

Wanderer
Try the army surplus store in Kelowna, BC. That is where I bought mine and I know he said they usually come from Edmonton. Good luck.

sapper

Adventurer
I have sold them in Alberta before and purchased them in Alberta.

I got my most recent one on Kijiji, post a wanted add on kijiji with a photo and they will appear. Make your search broad (trailer military, off road trailer). They are out there but expect to pay around $1500 in Canada. I was and still am considering a trip to the US to buy a few and bring them back because the ones in Canada are not is as good shape as those in the US and they cost more to start with.

I love these trailers and they are well worth the investment.

Cody1771

Explorer
I have sold them in Alberta before and purchased them in Alberta.

I got my most recent one on Kijiji, post a wanted add on kijiji with a photo and they will appear. Make your search broad (trailer military, off road trailer). They are out there but expect to pay around $1500 in Canada. I was and still am considering a trip to the US to buy a few and bring them back because the ones in Canada are not is as good shape as those in the US and they cost more to start with.

I love these trailers and they are well worth the investment.

i dont think you can legally do that, US has a very specific exportation clause that prevents the exporting of Military vehicles, its almost impossible to do.

sapper

Adventurer
If you purchase at M101 from the US government directly you are correct. There is a no exportation rule. If you buy a unit that has changed hands I don't believe there is an issue. Only the individual the made the original purchase is not permitted to export the item.

I am certain that the unit in the Kijiji add above was a purchase from the GS website and why the condition is the way it is, I am willing to bet they are doing exactly what I metion above. Importing them from the US.

Infact the unit in the photos is indeed a US model not a Canadian M101A2. The canadian tarps never used rope, and the data plate is for a US model not a Canadian model. Canadian Data plates don't have a TM # reference on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman