where_the_heffalump_roams 917 AF

Gerst

I don't know if the Webasto is the same? My Espar did not come with the altitude compensation module. I could start the heater at my house (6,512ft) but not up in the mountains however if I started it at home and then drove up the mountain it would run all weekend. Fixed by installing the altitude module. On another occasion the heater wasn't starting and running reliably I suspected a voltage issue but it always tested to spec. I eventually discovered that a bolt on my shunt wasn't tight causing the intermittent fault. Connections are cheep and easy to find and fix, I should have started there.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
The past month as been full of midl up and downs and adaptive changes.
Big thanks to Nate for letting me post up outside his house where he spent 2 days helping me try to sort of the generator issues. We started off with a volt meter. But somehow ended with reciprocating saws and cuts off wheels.
View attachment 816615
There was significant corrosion, rust, nesting, and all kinds of build up in the generator box. It took some work just to be able to get it out and access the wiring.

My neighbors were suitably impressed!

One would think they’ve gotten used to project vehicles by now… but I bet they are glad this one was transient and not a full-time purchase! 😆

I don't know if the Webasto is the same? My Espar did not come with the altitude compensation module. I could start the heater at my house (6,512ft) but not up in the mountains however if I started it at home and then drove up the mountain it would run all weekend. Fixed by installing the altitude module. On another occasion the heater wasn't starting and running reliably I suspected a voltage issue but it always tested to spec. I eventually discovered that a bolt on my shunt wasn't tight causing the intermittent fault. Connections are cheep and easy to find and fix, I should have started there.
That def did cross my mind. However Steven's Pass is only at 4K' or 1200 meters and I've def used this heater at over double that before. Also, this time, it was not activating at all which was different. I did check connections and grounds the following morning and did not notice an obvious fault. It's been working fine since. It could have just needed another reset?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior