Which Truck is best suited for expedition??

unURBAN

Adventurer
As long as you have the part number Nissan will bring you what you need and won't charge you shipping... But as RMP&O said, they don't really break down so it's just a nice to know!

They will charge you shipping, and I was told it was easier if I could get the parts myself..... This was in Whitehorse, and no Patrol Y61 serivce parts could be found in any computersystem (yes, I had the numbers). But no, they dont really break, and the parts I needed were filters for my normal service (after 15 000 km). Had some spares, no big deal. :)

And after 70 000 kilometers through the Americas, I'll give my vote to a Patrol Y61!

E

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
And after 70 000 kilometers through the Americas, I'll give my vote to a Patrol Y61!

E

If anybody can tell us how good a Patrol is it would be you! 70,000ks in that truck with no major problems and as heavy as you are loaded along with the 3L....well, all I can say is who would doubt this truck after that!?

unURBAN

Adventurer
If anybody can tell us how good a Patrol is it would be you! 70,000ks in that truck with no major problems and as heavy as you are loaded along with the 3L....well, all I can say is who would doubt this truck after that!?

Well, I have to admit that I changed the bushes in the rear control arms as they were wearing out after about 70 000 kilometers (drove just over 10000 after the modification before shipping to North America). This is of course because of the big lift (5 inches) and that I only drive with the rear swaybar (yes, still...).
And it IS now getting time to change the wheel bearings and kingpin bearings in the front axle. Had an oil leak from the knuckle when we came back from Antarctica, so I'm guessing that the bearings are just a little too worn. Have been a little too lazy checking and tightening the last 6 months. Kingpin bearings (and axle seals) have about 165 000 kilometers (never changed), and wheel bearings have about 85 000 km. The last 45 000 kilometers we've been running on 37" tires, and 40 000 km before that on 35". The last 65 000 kilometers we have been about 7000 pounds / 3400 kilograms.
Maybe boring for some, but I kind of like drinking a cerveza while the Land Rover owners work... ;-)
E

jdlsantos

I would narrow the options between Patrol or Land cruiser 105, both are diesel and both are solid axle, some reviews recall that the Toyota TD4.2 is better than the Nissan TD4.2, I am not sure, but yes the Toyota it have better MPG, Some body in Australia made the perfect car, is a Patrol with Toyota TD4.2 engine, just google and enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998