whiskey Town MTB who's in ?

vtarider

Hey is anyone doing the Whiskey Offroad in Prescott AZ ? > epicrides.com

They have a 15 / 25 / 50 mile option looks like alot of fun,a few of us from ca will be showing up and giving it a shot ,and of course having some fun!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I will most definitely be lined up for The Whiskey Off-Road. Not sure how I could miss it, the start line is all of 300 yards from my front door!

If anyone would like a place to park, change duds, hang on the deck and drink post race brews, please let me know.

If you have never done the Whiskey, it really is a top shelf event. Todd Sadow is a master race promoter and this event is only getting better and better as the years tick by. I might recommend the 25 for you racer (and even non-racer) types. It's a great course.

If you need help with logistics shoot me a PM.

Christophe

Scott Brady

Founder
Overland Journal will have a team there. I am in as a rider.

Todd does a seriously professional job with these rides.

Verde Rat

Weekend Warrior
Great race….if you’re glutton for punishment:sombrero:

I have ridden it the last two years, and it is a fantastic ride and very well organized event! I would highly recommend it to anyone who is on the fence about registering.

I was hoping to ride it this year but due to other commitments I won’t be riding it this year .:mad:

Enjoy the ride….

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I just met with Tod Sadow yesterday of Epic Rides and he said since registration opened in January, they've been well over previous year's registration numbers. Looks like another amazing turnout at the 2010 Whiskey Off Road.

For you out of staters - you could hit the Overland Expo and the next weekend do a romp in the pines at the Whiskey in Prescott. Now THAT is a sweet week.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I'll be there riding. I'm thinking of going for the full proof ride! :bike_rider:
BRING THE PAIN! and beer.

Elvota

Observer
SOAZ Tim... let's rock the 50. :sombrero:

Seams like twice the mileage would have to be twice the fun.

SOAZ

Oh dear. I'm not good with challenges. I think that was all the prodding i needed to subject myself to WAY too much pain.
Do I dare?! :bike_rider::bike_rider:

tmac

Adventurer
Since my bike has been used as a clothes hanger/towel rack for the last few months I may just volunteer for Epic Rides.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader

Both courses bring the pain. The 25 is just long enough to be an honest effort, but it's the speed of that race that really hurts if you want it to. There's virtually zero rest on the 25 and it keeps you focused on nearly every inch of the course, save for the climb up the service road. The 50 course contains 25 miles of gravel road that doesn't have any technical effort to it at all, but it brings new meaning to the term "slog." I'm biased as I have grown to like the 25 course and the tempo of that race, but the guys who like a long slog favor the 50.

One thing is for sure - nearly everyone under estimates the last 1/4 mile of pavement only about 10-12 minutes into the race. It is ssssteeeeeep pavement and punches everyone.

It's going to be great!:wings:

Elvota

Observer
Do I dare?! :bike_rider::bike_rider:

Lets "slog" it out. I know the road will be as boring as hell, but the full 50 is where my head is at.

Wonder where my legs will be at come mile 38 or so. :Wow1:

And you are right Flounder, that asphalt section just before you hit the dirt is excessive to say the least.

SOAZ

Lets "slog" it out. I know the road will be as boring as hell, but the full 50 is where my head is at.

Wonder where my legs will be at come mile 38 or so. :Wow1:

And you are right Flounder, that asphalt section just before you hit the dirt is excessive to say the least.

Alright Steve. I'M IN!!!

I'm going to sign up tonight. We need to go and do some preriding! :bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12