white gas(coleman fuel)=unleaded fuel

captwoody

Adventurer
I bought a Qt. of Coleman fuel will fill and test. As I am writing this I realize a Qt. will fill both lantern and stove but I will have no spare fuel. DUH

captwoody

Adventurer
Thank You very much for article answered all my remaining questions. And gave me my game plan run Coleman and but unleaded as a back up. Then clean stove and lantern after effectiveness wanes. I was born and grew up in San Diego moved north for better Fire Department job retiring soon and moving back.

Sleeping Dog

Adventurer
I have family Coleman stove and lantern from the late 50's and pretty much have used naphtha, Coleman fuel, but I remember my Dad went to the Amoco station to buy 'white gas' unleaded for the both units.

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
I have a Coleman double burner that I run on Shellite (the Australian equivalent of Coleman fuel) and it's fine - in fact, I use a dash of shellite in things when they're not working properly. Helped to cure a splutter on the WR250, a ticking fuel pressure regulator on the 4Runner (I dose accordingly - the WR250 has a 10 litre tank, the 4Runner 60 litre, so about 50ml and 300ml) and even peps up the Honda mower a bit...

So on that basis (and all of those are run on ethanol free premium) it certainly does seem to make a difference. I'll run a petrol/shellite mix in the mower before it gets put away for winter, so that the carby goes away clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12