White Gen 1 Spotted; Calico Ghost Town 01-31-09

Kjell Sullivan

Observer
Welcome Wild Bill,
Nice Rig, and interesting site.
We should link up sometime when I'm down in Seal Beach. My wife is from there, and misses the L.A. area terribly. It would be cool to explore some place when I go down...

246_ft_lbs

Hey Wild Bill,
Just wondering on the setup of your X? I like how it looks and was wondering what size tires you're running, lift, and what kind of bar you're running on the front there and if it works well with the winch. Thanks for your help. I'm starting to look into exploring the ghost towns up here (in Canada), it's always interested me.

ddawson

Adventurer
Hey Wild Bill,
Just wondering on the setup of your X? I like how it looks and was wondering what size tires you're running, lift, and what kind of bar you're running on the front there and if it works well with the winch....

Yeah me too. I saw your rig a couple of times last winter when I was surfing Seal and it's pretty sick! I live in Huntington and drive a 99 Frontier, so I'm always interested in other people's Nissans in the area.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Haha! There's no secret here, just circumstance. My ball joints were shot and I waited too long to fix it so I ruined my front tires. My rear tires were fine so I only needed to replace the front ones. I had a previous generation on there and when I bought the new front tires only the newer generation were available. It looks a litte funny but it works. :)
HAHAHAHAHA... Well, guess the simplest answer truly is the right one in this case...

Around here alot of guy's used to/kind of still do run Boggers on the rear and TSL's up front...Same concept as a sand rail, different tires up front for steering and paddles in the back for digging and pushing.

Anyway, again, nice looking truck.

Cheers

Dave

So what are the specs on your Xterra? What lift, size tires, etc etc?

When did the ball joints go out? I've heard a nice pop on mine the last few mornings while turning around.

I'm about to do a 3" lift and put 33x9.50 or 10.50 and upgrade the steering.

Looks good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan